Original topic:

"Backup Calling"?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 07:47 AM)
nikhilpai
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
After the latest January patch on my Samsung S20 FE 5G, I am occasionally getting a "Jio 4G Backup Calling" network name with a new symbol. Anyone has an idea what this is?

15 Comments
GuruKratOs
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't bro it's new to me and also I'm only using one simcard
bnjha72
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
What is jio 4G backup calling I don't know but I think you are not using jio in sim 1. Maybe you have chosen Calling to sim 1. Try to set your calling option as ' ask always' and restart your phone.
nikhilpai
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Jio is in SIM 2. But it shows 1 in the new icon. By the way, this only happens occasionally, not all the time
rivudutta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This is not a bug. This is an amazing new innovation for the Dual SIM Tech. Usually what happens? If we get a call on SIM 2, the line line on SIM 1 becomes temporarily unavailable. Here if Auto Data switching is on, the SIM with no network coverage will be able to place or recieve voice call using the Data connection of the other SIM using the internal Wifi Calling protocol.
If wifi calling is on, we can make and recieve call using the SIM itself right? Same here. Here instead of using wifi, the SIM having no coverage uses the mobile data connection of the SIM 2. In this case network is displayed as Back up calling
priyansh870
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Amazing feature😲😲
DishantPathania
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This helps a lot ..thank you

cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vravani
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Huchiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Samsung A33 5G jio 4g backup calling network