Original topic:

White bar/Screen issue after updating my S22 ultra to oneui 6.1

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
sig
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys I'm facing the infamous white bar next to the camera cutout after the update. I was really excited to use the 6.1 update but unfortunately after an hour or so my screen flickered and the white bar came next to the camera cutout.

I have contacted customer support as well as the service centre and they can't do anything unless I pay the entire repair cost.

Unfortunately the period for no charge replacement got over 14 days ago. Isn't it ironic that the issue pops up right after the policy gets expired.

I request samsung to please update the policy and extend the date. This is 2024 I didn't expect this to still happen, there will be many more like who face similar issues after major updates.

This will probably be my last samsung purchase depending on their response and if they acknowledge this widespread issue across multipe models because if they treat their customers who pre order their stuff like this, I don't know how they will treat others.

12 Comments
Krishan15
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
So sad
0 Likes
Nomad5
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
We sure have to run a campaign regarding this. If anyone has idea for making it widespread, please reply.
0 Likes
Hasan_D
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same issue happenwd wid me for s20 plus, i lost my money, samsung did not resolved.
Nobyos
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
There will be a lot of complaints when Samsung's a features come, a big complaint is the green line, vertical line, these will come a lot.
Samsung will not support anything and will not do anyone's screen replacement, it is their sales increase and some phones can be taken away.So if you don't update, you can use the mobile for a few days.
AV_Sharma
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Policy expired 14 days ago and software update given only yesterday, scamsung is nicely playing it's game, i will urge u to do an online complaint on consumer court forum and also take it on the social media so that all the customers who are facing their **bleep** policy can come along together and literally teach them a lesson.
sig
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I will need some support for that
0 Likes
Akilan_R
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/email-the-ceo/ mail them or 1800407267864 call helpline twitter tag samsungindia
0 Likes
Akilan_R
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Try it on 60hz standard
0 Likes
sig
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
60hz the bar goes but the color is still green tinted
0 Likes