Original topic:

Updated my S20FE 5G to June security patch 🤭

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 11:27 AM)
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello members/users:)

Today I have flashed a European firmware with the latest security patch (June) and I tell you the device has become very very fast, stable. All the problems are gone (for now), especially with the quick panel. The panel does not lag and does not behave abnormally in landscape mode. The carrier aggregation is wonderful, no stutters, lags in the UI and the UI feels polished. 

Also, earlier the scrolling experience in play store was very bad but now it is buttery smooth. Same does not go for reddit, Twitter. Scrolling in Twitter is good, better than previous experience, but not super smooth, close to super smooth you can say. Scrolling in reddit is not that good but then I don't use reddit that often and I have uninstalled it, serves little to my needs. 

I have flashed poland's firmware using Odin!
If anyone wants to flash the firmware, please comment, I will be happy to share.

On a side note, the European firmware has all the Samsung galaxy apps, Google apps pre installed, you do not have to install them manually!!

Overall, I feel Europe/USA/ UAE 's firmware Is comparatively stable and bug free than Indian ones!

The process:- ( long post. 
Do at your own risk, I will not be responsible for any damaged caused, process will not cause any problem, just make sure to flash the right firmware!)

1) First factory reset the device and set it up without signing in to your Google account/Samsung account. Skip that signing part. Set the device without any account 

2) After that go to your recovery mode, there you will get the AP version of your device. It will be like G781B...., Written in yellow. You will recognise that! 

Note that, and in that AP version, check your bit version or sw rev. It is the number at the fifth place from the end of the AP version.(E.g. AP version is G781BXXS4FECV (say), the the bit version or sw rev. Is 4). 

Also, you can check your bit version by going to software information, build number section. There you will see "G781B.." of that part, the fifth place from the end is the bit number.

3) After you have known your bit version, go to samfw.com. Fill in the boxes, like model number (G781B, in our case), the bit version (4 in my case, it may be the same for you as well,) and the Android version (12!!!). just below the Android version box is the csc box, you can either enter manually the region 's csc or select from the given csc. 

I chose Europe, in Europe chose Poland (csc code is OPV). You can select the csc of your choice. A piece of advice:- prefer Europe, UAE. Stable ones!!

(Note:- we can use sammobile, frija to download the firmware but sammobile is **bleep**, restrictions on download speed has been put by it!! But you can use Frija. It is good:)

4) 

First one is always the latest. Make sure the bit version matches yours! Click the first one, you will have three ways to download to file. I chose download from Google drive. Choose yours. File size is 6.5 gb

5) Once downloaded, extract the files on the PC, you will 5 files. Check the picture

6) Next, we download Odin. Google search Odin 3.14.4 (latest version, it is). Download and extract the files. 

7) So we have downloaded the required firmware, Odin. Now, we download samsung usb drives for mobile . Google "samsung mobile usb drivers"

The first one!

Note:- my laptop is on windows 11 64bit. 

Install the drivers. In my case, it was already installed.

😎 Firmware, Odin, drivers done.
Now go to your device's developer mode, select OEM unlocked, usb debugging. (You guys will know this, quite straightforward!)

9) After that switch off the phone, plug the usb cable to your pc/laptop (don't plug the other end of the cable to your phone, not for now)and open Odin

Here, in Odin, go to options tab, check whether "auto reboot" and "F. Reset time" are ticked or not. Probably they are ticked, if not, tick them. Then go to "log" option.

Now, we select "BL" and you will get a window like - (note:- be careful do not load the wrong files! In BL tab, load the BL file only)

Click the "BL" on Odin, we will load the "BL" file from the folder that has your extracted files of the firmware in the BL tab.

Similarly, we load AP, cp, csc files in Odin.

AP file is huge, will take 2-3 minutes to load into Odin.

In csc tab, you can load home csc file of the firmware or just the csc file. Csc file will do a clean installation of the firmware while Home csc does the installation of firmware with no data of your phone lost. I wanted a clean, fresh start, so loaded the csc (not the home csc). Loading the csc file is your choice.

10) After all the files are loaded into Odin, switch off the device if not done previously (rem to do the OEM unlock, usb debugging first before switching off). Press and hold volume up and down buttons simultaneously and while pressing them plug the usb cable to your device. 
(Note, we have already plugged the usb to the PC/laptop!!). Once plugged, hold for 2-4 secs till you see the a teal colored screen which is our "download mode". There press volume up to continue. Once that is done, you will see in the Odin app, " the ID.COM" go blue and in the log part, you will get a message saying "added". 

11) Once Odin recognises the device, you can click the start button in the Odin. A progress bar will appear at the bottom of your mobile screen and the ID.com tab in Odin will also have a green progress bar. Monitor them, everything should be fine.

12) the flashing will take 4-5 minutes and the Id.com.bar will say "pass" once the firmware is installed successfully.

Asyou see the "pass", it means the flashing was successful, the device will boot up, you can disconnect the usb cable and set up you device as usual.

(On a side note, since we have used poland's firmware, we will see the polish language!l. Select English and set up the device)

Remember -

1) Download the latest version of Odin. No Odin patch is required here. Odin 3.14.4 is the tool we want to download.

2) please select the right firmware with same bit version as yours. you can download poland's firmware, csc is OPV (already shared!l )

All the problems that we see and hear with Odin not able to flash properly is because people wanted to flash a firmware of different bit number from theirs. 

3) computer, mobile must not die in the middle of flashing!!! Also, no disconnecting the usb cable in the middle of the process unless you want to do something brave!

I have written the steps that I took to ensure a smooth flashing after consulting multiple YouTube videos. 

Also, watch a YouTube video on how to go to download mode if you feel confounded.

Last but not least, do not do a factory reset or wipe the cache partition after the set up. We flashed the firmware on already a factory reset device, so no need of that. Also, if in the csc tab, you chose "csc" file (not home csc), then wiping the cache partition is useless.

After setting the device, you will have all samsung (essential) apps and Google apps pre-installed. The firmware installed them on its own. In Indian version, we have to manually download and install all those apps!

To all those who got till here, I know this was a very long post. Took an hour to write, will definitely want to know your results!!!

For a visual guidance, YouTube " how to flash Android 12 techwithusama""

The first video! In that video he flashed Android 12 on his a52s 5g. You can refer to that video for a visual.

AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes.
0 Likes
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, no problem
0 Likes
nk009
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thanks mate I'll do it today 👍
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Let me the result
0 Likes
nk009
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Today my wifi cable is broken so not possible today its take 24 hours to fix it when i done it I'll told you 🙃 🙂
0 Likes
nk009
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Heavy rain started in early morning i thought it was damaged my wifi connection 😒
0 Likes
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah sure:) i downloaded the firmware on my phone using jio, took 4 hours to download 🙈
0 Likes
nk009
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I have 60 mbps plan it little fast 🤣
0 Likes
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Does it trip Knox??
Anuj_097
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No, no. The process is purely official, moreover we are not flashing any 3rd party roms. Everything is fine