(Topic created on: 10-04-2019 06:38 PM)
xdgone
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Use AOSP ROM directly from android developers 

( not the google re developed )

This rom has 4 biggest advantage 

1. No restrictions on update support , as long as you are using this android core developer ROM you are free to get updates for lifetime or till android remain alive

2. You will get both upgarde and downgrade feature

3. Manual choice of pre installed app or just android

4. You have a choice for updates e.g. Daily update , monthly update , quarterly update , critical update and general updates 

Main disadvantage 

1. Some hardware do not function in its first install , user need to select the correct binary files from update installation menu to have working hardware such as VoLTE , MST etc , which requires more technical knowledge. Example if you dont know what chip samsung do use for VoLTE support than you can't get VoLTE using direct installation,  you need to select the exactly  the same binary file name in update or installation menu for first time

Here is my test device snapshot where i do use AOSP ROM FROM android.com with working VoLTE and sensors binary , This comes with Just Android and play store and an UI nothing else

( for latest release you need to enable beta option in the update settings, e.g if you want android 10 now , AROMA variant offers manual selection option for which app you want to be pre installed)

Snapshots 

9 Comments
SneekND
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
👍
0 Likes
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
what are you now telling?????
please give a summary.....
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
read the post , you will understand
0 Likes
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
please give me a summary...........
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
what summary, its about AOSP ANDROID ROM , the only pure android rom available. apart from factory roms which claims that they are stock or pure android , and ROM comes directly from android core developers , android brand is a subsidiary of google , so the pure android is developed by android.com whereas google modify that for factory image

in this rom there is no time limit for update support as it gets update directly from android.com , even one can get daily updates
0 Likes
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
how can i check my phone compatibility??????
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
its AOSP means its for all , but you have to get drivers and other binaries according to your device hardware
0 Likes
DrPeter
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Are you using AOSP ROM?????
0 Likes
Members_4ONojgx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hey can you show us some dedicated video on how to enable VOLTE for Exynos chip of samsung on AOSP because there's no way right now for my samsung S9+ to enable VOLTE in AOSP rom. No developer is interested either and they say it's too difficult.

0 Likes