Original topic:

Samsung ruined my S20 FE 5G with some update after September 2022

(Topic created on: 12-18-2022 08:21 AM)
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
This is my experience :
Some update within android 12 ruined my S20 FE 5G device in such a way that Jio data and VoLTE gets disrupted or hung suddenly (tried replacing the SIM also). The samsung authorized service center person told that it is possible because many M series phonrs were affected by the buggy update. He said such an buggy update can alter the functionality of the firmware chip permanently regardless of any update that arrives later on. I got shocked. In addition to this, samsung has removed the automation feature (ability to customise the clear cache and auto restart time). Thats why I have decided to stay with android 12. I am not forcing anyone to stay with android 12. Upgrading is your wish. What Inhave posted is based on my experience. The data and VoLTE problem in my A52s 5G got solved in the android 13 upgrade. Still I wanted to officially downgrade to android 12 and see whether that problem occurs or not. I will post there (gsmarena page of A52s 5G).

Finally the service center has approved free motherboard replacement for my S20 FE 5G because it was under extended warranty.

I will post here after getting the motherboard replaced.

Note : update means the patches within the same version ; upgrade means to a different version

Do not update or upgrade the OS.
But enable the auto update in the google play store and the galaxy store for app updates.
8 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So you didn't update to Android 13, right?
0 Likes
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I have upgraded to 13 in the service center and took the videos as proof that the problem is still occuring in android 13 also. Then the service center person downgraded to android 12.

Because the service head told to upgrade to the latest version and send the proof before ordering for motherboard replacement. Thats why I have upgraded to android 13 for name same and then downgraded to 12
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
My Galaxy S20 FE 5G is currently running on Android 13, but I'm having no issues. Everything is working like a charm. Maybe the problem is specific to your device only or maybe you got a defective unit...
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Everyone in the S20 FE 5G usee review page are bashing me.
0 Likes
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I will post a main thread after getting motherboard replaced on 19th Dec 2022 or after.
0 Likes
maninder01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Fast charging is not supporting s20 fe 5g after new update anyone facing same problem?
0 Likes
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I never use fast charging. I always charge my phone less than 500 mAh via 1 USB extension cable + 1 amkette charging cable (type C or microUSB).
0 Likes
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Update (29-12-2022) :
The problem is not with any hardware of Samsung S20 FE 5G. Ssmsung authorised service center has replaced the motherboard also.

I think there is some problem with the jio network because of 5G implementation.
0 Likes