Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20+ Display Green line

(Topic created on: 07-27-2023 09:11 PM)
Neertech
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hello guys,
 Curently I am using Samsung Galaxy S20+.Recently i will update my phone software and there today i am facing Green line on my phone. And i was visit the service center and the service center employee says it is not in criteria in 3 years. And i am purchasing it 20/3/20. So they charge me 18,600 for this phone display. So this is not my fault it's samsung software fault. And this is shame of you samsung of this type of mind game playing. I am using a premium series of samsung and this type of issues are facing.I am student and purchasing 85,000 rupees phone it is not a small amout. I will decide that my next phone is not samsung. And samsung not giving me free display replacement so i will case on consumer court or police case on samsung.

9 Comments
JCB2003
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am truly disappointed with samsung 😞
Nes
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hey samsung, blody bastards
Galaxy S
Please go through this post and try it to get free screen replacement from Samsung

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Green-Pink-White-lines-issue-fixed-on-S20-amp-Note20U-for...
Neertech
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok bro i will do it
krishan004
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Bro tag them on Twitter. Send email to customer support. Raise complaint on members app.
Neertech
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok bro
0 Likes
bravo1980
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Same with me, after software update on 26th July green line is there. I am also using s20 plus
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Ask question > Type your query > Send).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
prashantw511
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung’s recent announcement of a free display replacement program has been met with both relief and skepticism among consumers. The program, which ran from April 24 to April 30, 2024, offered a one-time screen replacement for select Galaxy models experiencing the notorious green line issue1. This gesture of goodwill, however, has raised questions about the underlying motives of the tech giant.

Transparency and Trust: The Core of Customer Relations

In the age of information, transparency is not just a buzzword but a cornerstone of customer trust. Samsung’s decision to offer free replacements for screens, batteries, and even a Rework Kit is commendable1. Yet, the move has been perceived by some as a strategic ploy to mitigate the backlash from persistent hardware and software issues. Customers, now more than ever, are aware of their consumer rights and the expected longevity and quality of premium devices.

The Green Line Issue: A Symptom or a Disease?

The green line defect, which prompted the replacement program, is not an isolated incident in the world of consumer electronics1. However, it is the response to such defects that shapes public perception. Samsung’s program covered a range of models, including the Galaxy S20 series, Note 20 series, S21 series, and S22 Ultra, provided they were within three years of purchase1. Exclusions like the Galaxy S21 FE, S22, and S22 Plus, which were also affected, have not gone unnoticed1.

A Call for Comprehensive Disclosure

It is essential for Samsung to address the elephant in the room: the need for a comprehensive disclosure of the data surrounding the defects leading to the replacement program. Such transparency would not only clarify the extent of the issues but also reinforce the company’s commitment to quality and customer service. It would dispel any notions that the replacement program is merely a cover-up for deeper, unresolved technical problems.

Conclusion: The Path Forward

Samsung, as a leader in the tech industry, has the opportunity to set a precedent in customer relations. By disclosing the data related to the green line issue and the subsequent replacement program, Samsung can demonstrate accountability and dedication to its customers. This, in turn, could foster a stronger bond of trust and loyalty, which is invaluable in today’s competitive market.

In conclusion, while the free display replacement program is a step in the right direction, it is the full disclosure and transparent communication that will ultimately determine the strength of Samsung’s relationship with its consumers. The tech community awaits Samsung’s next move with keen interest.

0 Likes