Original topic:

#BoycottSamsung #MoneyMongers #GreenlineScreens

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
shebzz
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Details of Samsung devices I used in the past till now. 
To all the samsung members and to those who wish to become one. I would like to share my long 12 years experience with Samsunghat mobiles. I got my first android phone in 2012 and that was my first ever Samsung device and I still remember it was a device called S Advance. And from there I have used 6 mobile devices from Samsung all high end models of the corresponding years, Note 4, Note 9, Note 10 Ultra, Note 20 Ultra and finaly S21 Ultra. Until last the month of November, 2023 there was no issue with the phone, then came an usual update and I updated my phone and all of a sudden out of nowhere a green line showed upon my screen. I contacted the customer service and they told me to do certain things which I followed and after that I used an option called EMAIL CEO on the Samsung India website. And some official person concated me his name was Kishore V and after lots of arguments and talks I got an offer that, for the 25,000 Rs worth display they would give a discount of 21,000 Rs amd I only need to pay the GST of the bill which is 4000 Rs. I agreed and they took my phone and after a week they returned my product and said they are unable to arrange my part. So, take the device back and they will inform me when the part is available. After waiting for 6 months I recently heard a news that April, 2024 is the last day to get the free screen replacement from Samsung. I tried to contact again and I gave them a very reasonable suggestion to them if they can't arrange the part give the discount they already offered as a samsung discount voucher so that I can use it to buy a new galaxy device. I guess this is a very reasonable suggestion from my side. But they said they can't do that. Considering the amount of money they spend on marketing, giving free devices to youtube reviewers and all they can't just give a solution to a customer who paid money to buy their product and use it.

News on what one plus is offering their customers.

Email sent by Mr. Kishore V from Samsung higer level Management

Last email from Gowri Shankar Samsung higer level Management.

12 Comments
Phoenix__1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thats a bad service from samsung they dont value their customers btw the green line issure happens is due to what does it count in the fault of screens or any software problem ..?
shebzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Its software only. Thats why they offered a discount.
0 Likes
Phoenix__1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
If so then they should replace it for free.
Sanju214
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I wont update. Samsung need to help people out with their 1 lakh garbage phones screens. We pay and get most beautiful vivid green line on screen. Then they refuse to replace it by saying "wE DoNt HaVe thE poLicY to CovEr ThE damAgEd part". Why do you have the policy of taking money of worth 1Lakh for such a vivd green lines on our phones. Disgusting SAMSUNG. We are paying more then you pay your employees. We dont want you to make excuses for screen replacements.
shebzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I need people's help to make this reach to the CEO level management of the company. Email CEO option in their website is a complete hoax.
0 Likes
Sanju214
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
CEO is busy with you know whom. Or may be he might be trying. Some middle man maybe taking advantage of people. I dont know. But yes screen replacemnt should be there without any questions. If device is harm physically then its a different thing but if it is happening after update then they should replace. Im soo angry on samsung. Huh!!
shebzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Coz we are paying lakhs of money with which we can buy a two wheeler in India.
prashantw511
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung’s recent announcement of a free display replacement program has been met with both relief and skepticism among consumers. The program, which ran from April 24 to April 30, 2024, offered a one-time screen replacement for select Galaxy models experiencing the notorious green line issue1. This gesture of goodwill, however, has raised questions about the underlying motives of the tech giant.

Transparency and Trust: The Core of Customer Relations

In the age of information, transparency is not just a buzzword but a cornerstone of customer trust. Samsung’s decision to offer free replacements for screens, batteries, and even a Rework Kit is commendable1. Yet, the move has been perceived by some as a strategic ploy to mitigate the backlash from persistent hardware and software issues. Customers, now more than ever, are aware of their consumer rights and the expected longevity and quality of premium devices.

The Green Line Issue: A Symptom or a Disease?

The green line defect, which prompted the replacement program, is not an isolated incident in the world of consumer electronics1. However, it is the response to such defects that shapes public perception. Samsung’s program covered a range of models, including the Galaxy S20 series, Note 20 series, S21 series, and S22 Ultra, provided they were within three years of purchase1. Exclusions like the Galaxy S21 FE, S22, and S22 Plus, which were also affected, have not gone unnoticed1.

A Call for Comprehensive Disclosure

It is essential for Samsung to address the elephant in the room: the need for a comprehensive disclosure of the data surrounding the defects leading to the replacement program. Such transparency would not only clarify the extent of the issues but also reinforce the company’s commitment to quality and customer service. It would dispel any notions that the replacement program is merely a cover-up for deeper, unresolved technical problems.

Conclusion: The Path Forward

Samsung, as a leader in the tech industry, has the opportunity to set a precedent in customer relations. By disclosing the data related to the green line issue and the subsequent replacement program, Samsung can demonstrate accountability and dedication to its customers. This, in turn, could foster a stronger bond of trust and loyalty, which is invaluable in today’s competitive market.

In conclusion, while the free display replacement program is a step in the right direction, it is the full disclosure and transparent communication that will ultimately determine the strength of Samsung’s relationship with its consumers. The tech community awaits Samsung’s next move with keen interest.

Active Level 5
Galaxy S