Original topic:

S9+ screen got yellowish at medium brightness.

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 04:11 PM)
subbu1
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
This is regarding screen light. I have S9+, don't know its screen light works normal when the brightness is adjusted to low (nearly 10% from left) or to hight (approximately 90-100%) but in the middle range it start to appears as yellow. Don't know whether it is software issue or hardware issue.
Note - I tried turning uv protection mode off and on but no use.
subbu1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I also tried but I think may be some bug or software issue or don't know what is it, i mean at some level of brightness its working fine at some brightness it is not.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
now s9+ is also facing this issue like note9, is it comes after july security patch ?? & have u update ur phone with july security patch??
yashbhojaiya2022
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
yes he's right, I'll face also this exact same problem on my galaxy note 9 has also got yellowish at medium brightness after 27th July security patch, software update....
0 Likes
subbu1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
oh actually I'm facing this problem from nearly 9-10 months, so it may not be related to update.
Tejdeepk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
this issue has started with march security patch release for me and most of the people I communicated with. after march, i got june security patch release but few people who has updated to june said the issue persists. so, I didn't update mine. I'm not sure if July patch fixes it or not.
previously, my screen looks fine only if update my screen brightness to the least. however, as per above tip, I tried changing the white balance from medium to cool. after this change its lil better but not completely fixed. now I can increase the screen brightness from least to 10 or 15% or 90-100%. only then the screen looks better without discoloring or yellowish issues.

do let me know if anyone has updated their phones to July security patch release and any more observations on this issues.
0 Likes
subbu1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yeah i read someone others post with same problem, this problem is called screen burn, in this pixels got burn. only solution is to change the screen . Samsung should fix this issue by itself dont know whether other company mobiles are also getting same problems.
Tejdeepk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
usually, they should replace the screen or upgrade the phone with the company as that's a hardware issue and also it has to be done for out of warranty mobiles too. because, everyone buy their phone with hard earned money and they give us defective hardware phones.... that's really rediculous. though it's a 10k phone or a 70k phone, every company should provide quality products.
0 Likes
subbu1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@tejdeepk you try to contact Samsung help services if you find any solution please let me know, my handset is 2 years old now , don't know if they take action or not.
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
DivyeshJain
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Same here if you go to service center they say its display issue but the fact is they themselves have realized a bug so bro never ever from now purchase samsung s series its my opinion as I got the display issue in s5 mini so edge and now in s9
0 Likes