Original topic:

S9 + Green screen/tint flickering/fading issues

(Topic created on: 01-24-2021 12:25 PM)
Mileta1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have the same issue on S965F S9 + 64GB model, issue started after update Android 10 UI 2.5.

PWM Free can be found on XDA Developers and can be used as a workaround.

Oled Saver can be used as well but PWM Free gives better stability, still green but it is not flickering at least, and auto brightness feature is not working with those two apps, you have to adjust them manually.

This goes directly to Samsung, since there is no updates post January security patch 2021, what are you doing to fix this, or are your trying to force us to upgrade from phones which are still "good" and blazing fast even in 2021.

This has something to do with cooling and refresh rate for device, clearly samsung is doing nothing to fix this, Safe mode, reset, i have tried even to flash the phone, i have rooted the phone as well, but we are unable to downgrade to stock due to this **bleep** update that you have released.

Screen works perfectly fine with Always on display, when unlocked on power button it goes green, also goes for fingerprint iris etc.

I'm assuring you that i won't stop until we get update from samsung and not some shity generic response to boot phone in safe mode, factory reset, adaptive display, dark mode etc.

We have already tried that.

Please let us know if there will at least be update or not.

27 Comments
Being_human
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
i also facing this issue on my s9 plus
i visited the service center and flashed new firmware, till now problem unresolved.
i reset my device
reported as error in Samsung member app.
there is no resolution
KADRI_TALHA
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Did your problem resolved??? After any future updates??

0 Likes
Greasemonkey
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I too face this glitch. Can anyone help with a resolution? Thank you.
0 Likes
gkarunakary2j
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
turn always on display, enable fingerprint unlock, tap on screen to wake it up until u see clock then unlock with figerprint
Galaxy S
not working in note 9 in 2.5 one ui
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Mileta1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This is not appropriate answer! I have registered the problem 2 months ago, you are escalating to samsung members app where we get generic reply's !Please note that i will continue to spam you until we have some answers!

Ariyan009
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Same Problem With S8
0 Likes
gkarunakary2j
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
not only yours, almost everyone having same problem, talk is it is caused by software update after oneui 2.5, mine was s9 having same problem for 3 months, turn always on display, enable fingerprint unlock, unlock with figerprint
0 Likes