Original topic:

S24 Ultra Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 02-05-2024 11:54 PM)
BMWilliams55
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Howdy Guardians of the Galaxy S range!

Is anyone else experiencing poor battery life on the S24 Ultra? I've had it for 4 days now and it's pathetic. My S21 Ultra wasn't this bad. 
9 Comments
johnd60
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I hear they were some glitches to the OS but am not sure if that has to do with the battery drain, and that should be addressed soon. Obviously in the February patch
0 Likes
BMWilliams55
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
After it performed the Baterry usage paterns it said a full charge would last me 12 hours. There's something definitely wrong! Hopefully the updates come thick and fast!
0 Likes
NotAdmin
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
12 hours is an estimate
0 Likes
BMWilliams55
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
By the rate it was going down that 12 hours seemed generous. I withdrawn for less.
0 Likes
JacquesSnyman
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I would also have a look at your battery settings to see what is draining the battery, but yeah 12 hours isn't great at all and you should be able to get more
0 Likes
Lostduke
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I had the same when I got it, takes a few days for it to calibrate to your usage just over a week for me. Ensure that you keep battery protection on basic during this time. It gets better
BMWilliams55
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just an update, I did a factory reset, and restored backup from cloud. Massive difference already. I've only dropped 15 percent in 4 hours, whereas before it was way more. I'll keep you guys updated...
HappyHacker
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Had my Ultra for a week now, and the battery lasts for more than a day. Normal usage and no gaming, though 🥰
0 Likes
BMWilliams55
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've only now put at on charge and I've used it fairly hard. 18 hours, hotspotting, recording. It's definitely helped me restoring from the cloud and smartswitch