Original topic:

S21 FE Snapdragon 888 Network Issue In 5G

(Topic created on: 10-17-2023 08:12 AM)
Professor_Anit
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung galaxy S21 FE 2023 edition has tremendous heating issue. It naturally heats up in normal usage like WhatsApp, chrome , YouTube. No need to tell about the gaming performance like BGMI . The phone not only heats up, but also drop FPS in gameplay and UI.
The Most Sad part is that besides these It switch the network from 5G to 4G automatically in slightly warm condition. The fishy this while switching to 4G the network bar show 5G connection but if We show the connection in "Net Monster" app you clearly see that 5G NSA is Disconnected.

Samsung India please Fix the issue as early as possible. If Phone cost around 50k show such bad experience it will impact in keeping trust of true Samsung Fans also #Samsung India

12 Comments
Soul_Catcher
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung has a brand value of 100 million USD. While Apple has 900 million USD.
0 Likes
SID_
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
U might not know but in samsung's most of the device it automatically switches to 4g when heating occurs which is really irritating 😑
Galaxy S
Which device u r using right now??
Brand like Samsung shoud fix the issue as early as possible
SID_
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
S21fe exynos vr
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Airtel is using non standalone architecture in which it is using it's existing 4G infrastructure to deliver 5G. So basically it's a mix of 4G+5G network, not pure 5G as Jio...

Now let me clear your doubts regarding fully white 5G icon & transparent 5G icon which is currently showing in your status bar. See the screenshot i attached about the two types of 5G icons. The first icon which is fully blacked out means that Currently your device is connected to 5G network. Second one which is transparent as the same as your status bar means that your device is currently connected to a 4G network not 5G. Now you might be wondering that if it's showing 5G then how it's connected to 4G yet. Just read working of the 2nd icon. It says, "LTE network connected in LTE network that includes the 5G network". This means that your current network has 5G, but the area where you're currently staying, 5G reception is weak that's why it's not able to connect to 5G at the moment. The transparent 5G icon will be blacked out completely & your phone will connect to 5G, when you move to a stronger 5G coverage area...

If my information was helpful then do accept this as solution🙂Screenshot_20231004_005328_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have used the same sim card in my vivo x60 which only have 2 5g band. But surprisingly in that device the connection is stable and way better than this. And even in gaming when the Vivo gets hot it sticks to 5g mode . How can you explain this
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung keeps thermals in control. To ensure that the device doesn't overheats, it switches to 4G...
Galaxy S
In that case s21 fe should not heat up. But surprisingly it get way more temparature than my 2 year old vivo x60
0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Its all because of 888 heating cpu and bad modem used in it..
0 Likes