Original topic:

S20 plus display issue

(Topic created on: 04-18-2020 08:25 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
Recently I have noticed that there is some colour calibration issue on my phone, not sure if this is software side or hardware side issue. 

The left side (around 1/4 area vertically) is darker in comparison to the remaining screen.

It is most visible on grey colour and on low brightness only(35% and below) and I noticed it while on dark mode. 

Now I don't know whether the left side is the true colour or the remaining area is. 

It's really bothering me and sadly because of countrywide lockdown i can't even take it to a service center.

Anyone else facing this issue?
0 Likes
20 Comments
Galaxy S
Have you tried testing it in testing menu by *#0*#
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
just did, it's not visible there because
1) I am seeing it only on dark colours and on low brightness
2) the test colours were bright and they show up with high brightness which defeats the whole purpose in my case
Galaxy S
Lemme try doing as u say
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
try dark mode and open samsung members app with low brightness, it's clearly visible here
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
If this bug was introduced after the last update then don't worry. This will be solved in future updates.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I'm not sure if it was introduced in the last update
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Don't worry, have patience anyways it will be covered in warranty. Relax and Take Care👍
0 Likes
Galaxy S
well rn I am using dark mode and brightness is lowest, But I can't see any defects.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
must be a one off case then