Original topic:

S20 FE 5G camera degradation after Android 12

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 08:18 PM)
RohitRoy2022
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Before the android 12 update, I was extremely satisfied the the S20 FE 5G's camera. Yes, the selfie camera had clarity issues, but the rear camera was simply a GEM. Pro grade picture quality. 

And then, Android 12 update happened. The entire camera department on my phone has taken a hit. The clarity has drastically reduced in normal mode and the 3x optical zoom has simple become a joke now, post the update. Too much noise in the picture. 

Anyone else facing this issue? Or maybe, do you know if this problem might be fixed with a software update?
18 Comments
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
3x optical zoom camera is not come into action. It start working at 10x zoom only in my device..Anyone facing this issue ? I have tried by keeping my finger on camera lens
0 Likes
Members_4tKV04f
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

So the thing is...When Samsung launches any new phone, it makes sure to deteriorate the camera quality of older phones via the software update. A trick so that people will buy new phones for better camera...So personally I don't install them. I am okay to live with the bugs...Camera quality is important for me...Samsung wont do anything about it cause its intentional.

cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Clear camera lens with a microfiber cloth or a cleaning wipe. Gently remove the fingerprint, dirt, and dust from the camera lens.

* Reset camera settings
Camera > Settings > Reset settings > Reset.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

kaushik4_
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

yes just exactly same problem i am also facing

0 Likes
kaushik4_
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

bhai , your phone is blessed. 

thank you.

0 Likes
drbarkath
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Iam also facing same issue
Selfie camera quality is sooo poor
Chinese 10000 mobile camera is better than our s20 fe camera
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your concern and apologize for the inconvenience caused, to understand your issue better we would like to Call you and take remote ofyour device along with our R&D team.

We request you to kindly share your contact details with the preferred date and time of calling

Phone number :

Preferred date of Calling:

Preferred time of calling:

Thank you for writing to us.

0 Likes
Jimtheseraf
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

As long as you guys do not report those things to local authorities and to consumer protection we will never see a change from smartphone manufactures. In addition to the battery drain you all face in s20 Fe the same think happent on my S8, my brothers note 9 and my parents s9. The Note seems to have camera issues as well despite the factory reset. So there is only one way for us to make a difference...

0 Likes
gag4n
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Yes Man I too bought the phone recently downgraded to Android 11 but it seems Gcam does a better job at handling pictures , specially the selfies

Link to Download Gcam for S20fe 5G ( SD 865)