Original topic:

Rooted samsung galaxy s7 edge...

(Topic created on: 10-24-2017 09:32 PM)
wani
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Everyone
my brother has rooted my s7 edge phone, the phone is having issues now like samsung pay, samsung health, and other inbuild apps are not working now. I went to samsung service centre they updated and flashed the phone but the problem still persisted. I am very anxious can please anybody help me with this issue.
kind regardsea1b60a1-b630-4229-a082-b4bc2f446ec5.jpg
cc523a81-b3bc-4070-bceb-0c03429acf01.jpg
0 Likes
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
rooted phone means knox is tripped and those apps will not work (especially samsung pay). even flashing the firmware again won't "untrip" knox.. if I remember right, there's some guide on xda which allows shealth to work on rooted devices.. google it..
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
This has been the case since Galaxy S4 released in 2013. Rooting your phone trips Knox and all the applications secured by it will never work. You should have read about it before rooting it, as there's no way to undo it as it's linked to the motherboard.
ashishsingh
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Just flash the official version of the app
wani
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have flashed, even flashed at service centre nothing happend...
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
It will not work, like I said. As of now, I don't know if there's anyway to reverse it.
0 Likes
GauravK21
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
The sad truth is that, Now replacing Motherboard of your phone can only way to fix this issue cause this is Hardware Related issue (Knox IC has been Fused by Rooting) .....
..😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
0 Likes
wani
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ohh no. I think that would be costly....😔😔😔😔
0 Likes
maan22
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Rip s7 edge 😣😣😣
0 Likes
Naren88
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Knox gets tripped in bootloader (bios level) if you root after unlocking. Should always go through each and every info available on XDA forums and other forums before unlocking bootloader if you want features like Samsung pay , health etc to work. I once screwed up motherboard of S2 as the bios got erased while restoring to stock, because of which I had to buy a new motherboard
0 Likes