Sid3091
Active Level 1

My galaxy s10 suddenly isn't charging properly. I set it to charge this morning and it reached 85% and did not increase and in fact it started discharging. I tried safe mode, and deleted a few apps but still the issue persisted. 

I powered off the phone and then it charged to 100% no problem, that too fast charging. 

Thinking this might be a firmware issue, I factory reset the device, but after setting it up again, it still won't fast charge. It has been plugged in for 40-45 minutes and barely increased from 70-76% battery. 

Please advise.

10 Comments
deepak0099
Active Level 4
Facing similar issue..It seems that issue is there after April update.

For me it started after may update

Goldychahal
Active Level 10
try charging in cool environment..

Have done so. Its directly in front of AC vent. The phone isn't heating too much either.

Nani21
Active Level 6
check whether the cable and the adapter are in good condition and check whether the cable is inserted properly into the phone. I haven't faced any issue even after may security patch update.

They are. I've tried with another Samsung charger as well (included with S9+). If it was a cable problem, it would not charge while switched off, right?

Nani21
Active Level 6
then check whether the charging port for any hardware damage .if it still doesn't help pay a visit to the nearby service center following lockdown regulations.
Aashish
Expert Level 3
It is due to device heating, try keeping your device cool while charging.
bsj
Active Level 6
it's all bcs of new update most of them facing this issue slow charge ,heating issue 😑 even I liked old UI atleast battery life is good .. new UI is fast more features but no battery life only bugs and issues