Original topic:

Galaxy s10 not charging

(Topic created on: 05-25-2020 04:46 PM)
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My galaxy s10 suddenly isn't charging properly. I set it to charge this morning and it reached 85% and did not increase and in fact it started discharging. I tried safe mode, and deleted a few apps but still the issue persisted. 

I powered off the phone and then it charged to 100% no problem, that too fast charging. 

Thinking this might be a firmware issue, I factory reset the device, but after setting it up again, it still won't fast charge. It has been plugged in for 40-45 minutes and barely increased from 70-76% battery. 

Please advise.

10 Comments
deepak0099
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Facing similar issue..It seems that issue is there after April update.
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

For me it started after may update

0 Likes
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
try charging in cool environment..
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Have done so. Its directly in front of AC vent. The phone isn't heating too much either.

0 Likes
Nani21
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
check whether the cable and the adapter are in good condition and check whether the cable is inserted properly into the phone. I haven't faced any issue even after may security patch update.
0 Likes
Sid3091
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

They are. I've tried with another Samsung charger as well (included with S9+). If it was a cable problem, it would not charge while switched off, right?

0 Likes
Nani21
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
then check whether the charging port for any hardware damage .if it still doesn't help pay a visit to the nearby service center following lockdown regulations.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
It is due to device heating, try keeping your device cool while charging.
0 Likes
bsj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
it's all bcs of new update most of them facing this issue slow charge ,heating issue 😑 even I liked old UI atleast battery life is good .. new UI is fast more features but no battery life only bugs and issues
0 Likes