Original topic:

Galaxy S9+

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 01:05 AM)
Justin05
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Is the Galaxy S9+ eligible to get Android 11 update?
If a year old mid-range smartphones like A50, A70, etc can become eligible then why can't a mere 2.5 years old flagship be eligible for the same?
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
What you said makes no sense. S9 is coming up on three years now. They promised 2 platform upgrades and 3 years of software updates. I have an S9 as well. It came with Oreo, now it's on A10 OneUI 2.5 with the January 2021 patch. It is still getting updates. I don't see the problem.
0 Likes
Justin05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
In my opinion flagships should get 3 major OS upgrades. Don't you think brother?
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
They have already started doing that with S10 series. 3 major updates for falgships starting from S10 series, A51, A71 and A90 and their 5G variants.
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Areh bhai, S9 is 3 years old. And they made the promise to update their phones for 3 years starting from the S10 series. The fact that even then, the S9 is still receiving updates is a great thing, according to me. No complaints.
0 Likes
Justin05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It's nothing "GREAT". Seems to me more like you're a first time Galaxy device owner. Because Samsung usually gives two major OS upgrades to it's flagship lineup of devices and an extra year of security patch updates therefore it's an old news for long time Galaxy users like me. I've used almost every Galaxy S device starting from the original Galaxy S upto the aforementioned S9+ skipping the S3 & S5 in-between. Hence based on my personal experience with Samsung it's a rubbish thing in my opinion. They must learn something from Apple because for a fact that a 6 years old device still receiving updates is a "GREAT" thing "According to me". But now some of the fools will start to argue upon the topic that Samsung has a ton of devices to support so for those foolish people I would say that Apple doesn't make as many devices as Samsung but they supports their devices for many many years that Samsung would never be able to imagine even in their wildest dreams ever. Anything else would you like to add Brother?
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I have 8 Galaxy smartphones bro 😂😂
Using my 3rd Galaxy flagship currently (S20+). So, I know exactly what Samsung does and doesn't do. And I still don't have a problem because they have improved drastically and whatever support they are giving now was almost unimaginable, even 2 years back.
You should switch to Apple or a Pixel then because you knew exactly what you were getting into when you bought a Samsung. This is why, I also have a Pixel. 😎
0 Likes
Justin05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah it's true that they've improved "drastically". Drastically as in giving 2 years worth of major updates and 3 years in case of S10 series onwards and a year worth of security patches that's it. Have you ever heard about a device called the iPhone 6s a device that was launched alongside Galaxy S6 and will gonna outmatch the S10 pretty soon in terms of software updates. And yes being a long time Galaxy user I might face issues switching to the iOS platform hence I'm taking my own time regarding switching.
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Well, you do you. 🤷🏻
I am more than comfortable enough in my Samsung ecosystem. iOS is not my cup of tea, Android all the way. My Pixel is scheduled to receive updates till at least the middle of 2022 so no issues for me.
0 Likes
Justin05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah I understand ecosystem boilsdown to one's personal preference. Unfortunately I'm stuck with this **bleep** **bleep** Samsung ecosystem. And yes you're right, Pixel does really good when it comes to updates. One of my friend is still using the original Pixel that was launched alongside the Galaxy S7 with newer Android 7.0 Nougat a version newer than S7 and it ended with Android 10 which is really commendable given the fact that S7 was stuck with 8.0 Oreo. Hats off to Pixel!
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
And Apple provides updates, sure, but in turn, that slows down the older iPhones as well. Same with Samsung. I don't think my standard GS9 with 4GB of RAM will be able to handle OneUI 3.1 with Android 11 very well. 😅
0 Likes