Original topic:

Galaxy S10 battery drain

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 06:41 AM)
Lauren1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I recently dropped my phone and needed to have the screen replaced. Enough of the screen was still working for me to tell the the battery was still holding charge as normal.

After having the screen replaced my battery was draining insanely fast (even with phone turned off overnight the battery would be flat in the morning when I had charged to 100% before going to bed).

I had the battery replaced (twice!) thinking this must be the issue, however the same thing is still happening.

I have ran the phone in safe mode to check if there are any apps causing the issue, but it still occured 

Basically I am wondering whether dropping my phone caused damage that is causing this. But then wonder why it didn't happen before getting the screen replaced. Also wonder whether the screen replacement is causing the issue, but if so surely that wouldn't cause the battery to drain so fast when turned off.

Apologies for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Comments
jmj16
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
When your Samsung Galaxy S10 Battery life drains faster than usual, you can first check the Battery Usage. Here, you can check which apps consume too much power. Close or uninstall the misbehaving apps. To check Battery Usage, go to Settings > Device Care > Battery.

Configure/ Disable Always-on Display. ... The AOD lights up when the phone gets a notification. If you get a lot of app notifications then this can be a reason why your S10 battery drains fast overnight. If you really want to improve the battery life of your S10 or S10 Plus, turning AOD off can prove advantageous.
0 Likes
bharatshaan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Check things what is suggested in above post. Checking battery usage and see what is draining it. Install Accu-battery and check.
Otherwise the screen replacement is not done properly. Please have it checked, it might be leaking current.
0 Likes
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
From where have you got your screen replaced? Was it any local shop? If yes, then maybe they've installed a poor quality display. Otherwise if you have installed it from official Samsung store, then maybe there's a fault. Visit it once more and tell them your problem.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes