Original topic:

Fingerprint sensor stops working after the ota update of my galaxy s20 plus

(Topic created on: 10-03-2023 06:08 PM)
prakhar15555
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello everyone,
 Today I updated my phone through OTA and after the update when it restarted it's fingerprint sensor stopped working.
 Now it shows the error Fingerprint Sensor not working.
 Any one else also facing such issue??

Samsung i don't know whats the problem with you guys previously i got a green line on my display and now the finger print issue 
The experience of owning a Samsung device is worst..
8 Comments
prakhar15555
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
SuckusScreenshot_20231001_040446_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
RĀJ
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Clear cache partition and re register the fingerprints
0 Likes
prakhar15555
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Already done but it doesn't work
0 Likes
RĀJ
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Okay
0 Likes
satya0945
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Brother please update if any procedure helped you or the problem still there ?
0 Likes
satya0945
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
What is the latest update you got. ?
0 Likes
prakhar15555
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This oneScreenshot_20231001_160514_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Clean the fingerprint sensor:
Clean the fingerprint sensor with a soft cloth. Make sure the fingerprint sensor is dry and free from any debris that may cause the sensor to be unable to recognize fingerprints.

Remove fingerprint and set up fingerprint again:

Remove the current fingerprint and set up the fingerprint again. When you touch the sensor to set up your fingerprint, make sure you set the entire fingerprint, including the outer area of your fingertip. Setting the entire fingerprint area enables successful fingerprint recognition with any grip.

How to remove Fingerprint: Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprints > Fingerprint1 > Remove > Remove again to confirm.

How to Set up Fingerprint: Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprints > Add Fingerprint > Scan your fingerprint > Place your finger on the sensor, then lift it off when you feel a vibration > Continue >
Reposition your finger each time to capture the edge of your fingerprint > Tap on Done.

Fingerprint added successfully.

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

If the issue still persists kindly report the problems of your Samsung smartphone with a log file. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes