Original topic:

ANNOYING ISSUE AFTER ONE UI 4 UPDATE

(Topic created on: 01-14-2022 06:42 PM)
Nirmalya001
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After the one UI 4 update, my expanded quick settings panel shows less buttons than before, when multi sim info is enabled and device care buttons are disabled.

There is wasted space available above, multi sim info area is unnecessarily large and could easily be shifted above (when device control buttons are disabled) to accomodate 3 rows of useful buttons.

This change is totally unnecessary and very annoying as it was already one hand friendly before the update. To accommodate more icons I need to turn off multi sim info which I actually use time to time. This is silly and annoying.

There is no option to address this issue. You get 3 rows when only device care buttons are enabled. But you get only 2 rows when only multi sim info is enabled. The sim changing options are unnecessarily large.

Device: S20 FE 5G
Furious
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I've done that but still it shows maximum 5 buttons in a row.Screenshot_20220115-092419_One UI Home_34673_1642218859.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Side wale se drag karo buttons is screen par and check
0 Likes
Furious
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Not working1642219980233.gif
0 Likes
Souraaav
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You won't see this problem because u have 1 sim card. The problem is occurring when using dual sim
0 Likes
Nirmalya001
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Oh man! Thanks, I missed that. Now I got a few more icons.

But still it looks odd and less convenient than before the update. So much space is wasted just for that multi sim box.

It would be much more appealing and organized if they adjust the dimensions of the sim switching boxes similar to that of the device care buttons.Screenshot_20220114-202043_Samsung Members.png
Nirmalya001
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I enabled the device care buttons just for the sake of the uniformity of the look, although I barely use it as of now... 😅

They should work on this though.Screenshot_20220114-202659_Gallery.png
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
This is done do make one-handed use easier.
0 Likes
Nirmalya001
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It was already pretty easy before. I have been using the previous arrangement for quite a while and never had to strech my finger.

One UI has always been one-handed user friendly.
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, but before One ui 4 also I only had 12 icons in the quick panel layout in a single page. I use a single sim hence can't say about the Sim switch icons size.
0 Likes
Nirmalya001
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
U r right, in one ui 13, there were 12 icons per page, even when all the other options including device control, sim switch etc turned on. It was already pretty convenient for one handed use.

I use dual sim and switch very frequently. So that's an option I always have to keep enabled.

After one ui 4 update, I was dissapointed by the unnecessary cut down of buttons, I disabled the device control and media output in hopes of more buttons but to no avail. Now after reisizing the button grid to max width, I have to make do with 2 less buttons per page. Which is a bummer for me.
0 Likes