Original topic:

3rd Party apps- Camera issues

(Topic created on: 06-21-2020 09:29 PM)
PrasannaRP
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung S series devices facing 3rd party apps camera issues. Pics turn a lot darker than original.
Issue after the June 13th update.

Hopefully gets fixed asap :(
10 Comments
Kinshuk05
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Are you talking about Google camera here? 😛
0 Likes
PrasannaRP
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Snapchat and Instagram cameras, for example !!
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly be informed that 3rd party application which is not from Samsung. As we are trained to handle Samsung software and hardware related troubleshooting, we advise you to contact to the respective application software support. You can reach to the app developer through email channel go to: Play store > select more option> select installed app> click on read more.

You can try after clearing the app cache by following below steps: Go to settings > Apps > More option > Show system apps > Select the application > Storage > Clear cache.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
OlivierR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Dear Samung support moderator.

It's not the fault of a specific 3rd party application, because many people have the same problem with samsung phones for almost any 3rd party app. Instagram, snapchat, facebook, whatsapp and more have exactly the same problem with the camera; 

if I take a picture using 3rd party apps like whatsapp, facebook messenger or snapchat the picture comes out a lot darker then in the frame after focusing.

When you focus on a dark area, brightness is automatically corrected (increased in this case). But when I snap the picture the actual phote that is taken is a lot darker. As if the picture is suddenly darkened.

If I use the Samsung camera app, all is fine soI have no problem with the official samsung camera app.

Here are multiple forums made, with people having the exact same problem:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/since-june-13th-update-pictures-taken...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/3rd-party-app-pictures-darkening-with...

markchr90
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

What a horrible response! Get your **bleep**** together Samsung. This is on you, and nobody else. It's not like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat have done anything to their apps. Fix your camera integration, it's beyond imagination that this have been going on for more than a month, and you have released an update in the meantime that didn't fix this problem.

I'm definetely going to iOS if this is the type of responsibility you take on. 

jeeeeez!

Octaneolga
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I think samsung plans to let this post die a slow and painful death, unlike my love for samsung which will die very quickly.

0 Likes
OlivierR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
PrasannaRP
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks Olivier and Mark. Much Appreciated. utterly poor response from Samsung! #samsungmobileindia
DeepBhansali
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
s20 worst camera phone, switching to iphone 11 pro, I pre booked this phone for camera, switch to iphone
exynox worst, I thought of snapdragon chipset, it heats a lot, my brother yesterday took pic and said his 16k phone has better camera, even in zoom my another relative said it had a very bad camera as it always show heating issues with camera in just 10 min of usage
8k is just like show piece, you can't even take 4k videos more than 10 minutes with flash
pathetic I regret why I didn't returned it at start when it was giving issues since day 1
Never ever will buy s series phone , within 9 months they have reduced price by 20k.
Not at all value for money.