Original topic:

Samsung: When taking photo's the picture suddenly becomes darker

(Topic created on: 07-20-2020 06:47 PM)
OlivierR
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung,

This issue persists for almost more than a month.

For which exact line ups this issue persists, I do not know. But I have a feeling it's especially for the s10 versions (I have a s10e).

Multiple posts have been made, with exactly the same problem, with (almost) no reply from samsung:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/since-june-13th-update-pictures-taken...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10-s10-5g/3rd-party-app-pictures-darkening-with...

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/3rd-Party-apps-Camera-issues/td-p/4681932

What is the problem? 

It's not the fault of a specific 3rd party application, because many people have the same problem with samsung phones for almost any 3rd party app. Instagram, snapchat, facebook, whatsapp for example (probably more).

Have exactly the same problem with the camera; 

if I take a picture using 3rd party apps like whatsapp, facebook messenger or snapchat the picture comes out a lot darker then in the frame during focusing.

When you focus on a dark area, brightness is automatically corrected (increased in this case). But when I snap the picture, the actual phote that is taken is a lot darker.

For example; You open snapchat, you are focusing your phone to make a picture, you think "this is going to be a nice picture, nice lightning." You press the button to shoot the picture and BAMM, the photo is suddenly a lot darker than when you where focusing the camera? 

If I use the Samsung camera app, all is fine so I have no problem with the official samsung camera app.

I hope that the issue is clear. I hear many people saying that this problem is caused after the update of 13th of june. 

Me personally, I do not know if this is the exact date that this problem first accured. But I do know that I have never ever had this problem before. Until since more or less a month ago. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrJC
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I've just received an update this morning that seems to have fixed it.

'The stability of Camera has been improved.' along with a WiFi stability fix & August security patch.

Samsung S10+ Unlocked, UK.

View solution in context

0 Likes
24 Comments
adcst3
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

SAMSUNG PLEASE WAKE UP 

MohKraats
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Issue still exists. Now already Dec 2020 !!!!

What does seem to help is to switch between front and back camera just before taking the picture......

A fix from Samsung would be nice though ..........................

0 Likes
Fjdjsjskska
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sobbbbbmade account to say u saved my life thank you x

0 Likes
MafiosoAppelsino
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Same problem with my note 10 plus. Waiting........

Samsung_ppmnPBu
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

same issue here... note 10+

0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

jooniemae
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Please fix this issue

It's really annoying and shouldn't exist 

Im on my s10 

Patrick3463
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

You guys forgot note 10 !!! We have the same issue. (Note 10+5g exynos here)

Dobby-DK
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same issues here - Galaxy S10e