Original topic:

stable update android 10 note 9 battery consumption

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 12:10 PM)
SamPro
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
Post updating from beta 4 which was drastically worse for battery, stable update even worsened the whole experience. Battery is dropping significantly quicker than any other versions, and I am feeling a bit of heating of phone as well. Rebooted couple of times to ensure no background process runs, but seems this is not working. Charges the phone from 5 percent to 100 percent to make sure the calibration is proper after the update, but now after 10 mins of usage, already down to 94 percent. And wisely samsung removed the old way of checking the battery usage, where post 90 percent, the previous usage used to refresh automatically and we could check the usage for current cycle. Now it shows whole day usage, rather than from 90 to 0. So we need to check section by section as to what the SOT is. Kind of long review, but anyone else facing the same issue? 
3 Comments
Galaxy Note
same here.. they knowingly downgraded battery life capacity during android 10. so we can switch towards latest flagship. my relation with samsung is from note 3 and Galaxy pop till note 9 and S9 and never went further to 10 series because of their indian chipset and the game they plays with update for slowing performance after a year or 2.
0 Likes
ketani72
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
That is really strange. My S10 battery life became better after updating to Android 10.
0 Likes
SamPro
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
yes, last yr post upgrading to android pie, my s9 battery performance improved. But this note 9 is pretty new, just 3 months old. not sure what to do with it. standby time typically **bleep** all juice, but samsung never ever considers it. strange. from smartphone perspective I have used note 4, xperia series, apple. every phones after update some hicups used to happen, but considering the bugs, we used to get fix. but here dirty games are being played. they are not considering only that battery performance has decreased.
0 Likes