Original topic:

note 9 green screen problem suddenly from a week

(Topic created on: 04-14-2020 10:10 AM)
riyushp
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Samsung note 9.. suddenly my screen turns green and while I lock it down and unlock it problem goes away and comes back again.. have never dropped the phone. Help needed...
0 Likes
9 Comments
SiddharthCS
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi mate, I facing the similar issue from yesterday on my S10 Plus. When night mode was enabled it was slightly greenish color instead of black.
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
many people including note8,note9 and few 10series are facing this problem.it affected many so i think its a software bug no need of screen replacement.if we spam community then they may bring any solution.
PirateDandy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Mate. How did you solve the issue please? Is the group still active? Did they send an update to fix it?

0 Likes
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
U have to change screen.write a mail to ceo if your screen is scratch and damage free they may change it for free
0 Likes
Signup
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Hello Bro, we have created a group for this display issues. check my profile once you could join if you are fit into same like us.
0 Likes
PirateDandy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

How did you solve the issue please? Is the group still active? Did they send an update to fix it?

0 Likes
Epirus
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

The same thing with me. It should be highlighted that it goes away when i lock then unlock. It comes back if the screen shuts off and is put on too quickly. 

0 Likes
shankarchandra
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

from  yesterday iam facing this issue. I pulled out spen and then i saw fully blurred screen with slowness and heating. a minute before that phone worked good. i did safe mode to check if this software or installed app problem , checked by removing cache, stopped 8p% of all apps including system runnung jobs, nothing worked. 

Samsung can you respond please? 

0 Likes
hawking31
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Got the same issue last week. Somehow managed to resolve it, atleast for now. I dont know what exactly worked, but I followed these steps and the phone is as good as it was before. 

Note: My Note 9 is 2 years old but in pristine condition and was never dropped or even scratched (I still have the original back film. Lol). The issue suddenly started during normal functioning and I first noticed it on the AOD screen which was flickering green badly and the device was heating up more than usual. Plus the charging port was misbehaving as well.  

1. I immediately turned off the phone for a few minutes. I thought if the phone temperature got back to normal, I can atleast save any component damage.
2. After 15 minutes, I did a reboot to safe mode to see if any application was causing it, but it still continued to flicker green the same. 
3. I did a normal reboot to now see the effects on rest of the device functioning. The issue seemed to only be in lock screen and rest of the screens after lock screen were working fine. But the phone started heating up again and charging was misbehaving. At this point, the lock screen also got problematic and I had to press the power key 5-8 times just to turn on the display to the lock screen. Each time I pressed the power key, there was a green flash and then nothing. 
4. I turned off the AOD and changed Display setting to Basic (from Adaptive). This seemed to resolve a bit of the green flicker issue but not completely. 
5. I thought this should be a software glitch, so immediately seeked if there was an update. There was a July security update pending and so immediately did that. The phone bootup itself was flashing green now. So Samsung has not resolved or acknowledged this issue even in the July update. 
5. Performed a 'Wipe Cache Partition' but issue was still there. 
6. Performed "Reset Settings" but issue still persisted. 
7. Finally decided to backup everything up on my computer and do a full "Factory Reset".
8. Factory reset did make a lot of difference and green flickering was very very minimal. But soon after turning on the AOD, the green flickering came back. I immediately turned it off again, but now the same power button issue and green flickering reappeared. (I did not transfer any files or apps from the backup, just used the device as a new device)
9. As a final resort, I did a full data restore from Samsung Cloud (while ensuring AOD was turned off) including all device settings but NOT the apps. Luckily my backed-up settings were from 3 days ago when the device was working well. 
10. After the restore, everything went back to normal!!! However, I havent turned the AOD back on again fearing that it might trigger the green screen again. (But thats a very small price to pay to rid of the annoying malfunction).  
11. Been a week now and phone is working as good as new. But I dont think I will turn on AOD for now.

Full Disclaimer: I dont know what exactly worked here. If it was the combination of steps or immediate turning off the phone to save further damage or restoring old settings or maybe a lucky break that the device corrected itself. Only sharing my experience here. I AM NOT CLAIMING A SOLUTION. 

Samsung still needs to address this immediately as the problem may get triggered again. 

AOD screen changes pixel position every few seconds to avoid screen burn and that combined with the IRIS scanner, face recog, and proximity sensor all lighting up at the same time seemed to have been the affected drivers in a bad update. Still dont know what triggered it, but this observation might be helpful in diagnosis.  

Let me know if this worked for anyone else or if something else did. 

0 Likes