Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

What is IMS Logger, IMS Service and IMS Settings app in my Note 9?

(Topic created on: 09-21-2020 07:06 PM)
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello. I was scrolling through my installed app section and enabled show system apps and saw these 3 apps -> 1. IMS logger 2. IMS Service and 3. IMS Settings were installed. These apps have used 272 MB of data, 6% battery and 16 MB memory. How come these 3 apps are using identical resources? There is no option for uninstalling the apps and also disable option is greyed out. Upon searching "IMS logger in Samsung device" in Google revealed a link which is mentioned below which says that Samsung device is vulnerable to network snooping and unwarranted screen recording. Why the ims logger and settings need the permission for storage and telephone? While the ims service has access to all the permission. Why? I never gave any permission. What is the purpose of these 3 apps?
Link:
Can anyone explain. Thanks.

8 Comments
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The IMS Service or IP Multimedia Subsystem Service is present in the Android software of the phone such as the Note 9 and allows the device to work properly with a vendor or carrier provided communication app. This makes calls and SMS to be delivered via an IP network
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I saw this on Google. what about IMS logger??? Also I haven't used WiFi for call and text in September but still it shows 9 MB data used.
0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
this is inbuilt system so you can't uninstall or even disable, and all ims is integrated with each other. and as name indicate its for log record.
0 Likes
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
but you can do is
1. click on mobile data>restrict background data activity
2. click on battery>restrict background activity
then it will not used your data or battery
3. disable all notification
Solution
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
after all those settings check after your next battery charge the consumption definitely will be less and almost finish
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
okay. thanks for your help.
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
okay. thanks for your help.
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
welcome brother
and if you think my given settings/comments work for you then you can accept as solution by CLICKING on 3DOT at comments
0 Likes