Original topic:

Update in face recognition

(Topic created on: 12-20-2021 12:30 AM)
Di22
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Since covid is here from last 2 years, and face mask is must now a days so why samsung is not pushing an update to recognise face with face mask on...
4 Comments
sammysammy
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Face recognising AI is designed to copy your face's line patterns, which includes nose design, eye designs, etc. If someone has face mask on, then the AI will not be able to recognise the nose design, hence failing for the purpose.Since we cannot open our masks all the time for unlocking our phone, so it's better to use fingerprints when outside.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Why don’t you use fingerprint sensor instead?
0 Likes
Di22
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes I am using fingerprint sensor only... but I am saying to add this feature if possible It's not that I am facing any problem but if there exists such an option in face recognition settings then it would feel like completely comfy..
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It's not easy to create such an algorithm which detects your face with mask on. Basically it fails the purpose of face detection since half of your face is covered and it would be so easy for someone else to unlock your phone. Best thing is there's a fingerprint sensor which is the most secure way of unlocking the device.
0 Likes