Original topic:

Unable to register RCS.

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 10:26 AM)
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
RCS was working fine but out of the blue it just turned off and won't register again at any cost. Once I click on the chat settings it shows a pop-up asking to register for chat service. After clicking start the chat settings gets greyed out for 2-3 minutes then shows registration failed.
Rebooted my device. Cleared cache and data of message app but not working. Device: Note 9.
Any help. Thanks.
21 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
It never worked for me ever specially on Jio. So I used Google messages and RCS works great and its much better than stock Samsung message app.

Press message app for 3 secs and go to app info. Go to storage and delete cache and data and try maybe it will work for you
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I have deleted cache and data of message app and rcs settings for at least 15 times and still didn't work. Maybe Google message is the only option.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes try Google messages its good. Which sim provider you have. So far airtel and jio allow RCS I don't know about VI
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Rcs will not work on dual sim if you're using dual sim it won't work properly , use single sim
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
No it was working perfectly. But suddenly stopped working. One can only register one number per device for RCS if his/her device and service provider Support rcs even in dual sim device.
0 Likes
Palindrome
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
download carrier services from playstore it will fix the issue.. then re-register your no. .. it will work
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
No. Still not working.
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
"Registration failed" error.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
For me also same problem happened in S20 FE 4G. Tried cache clear not worked. Done factory reset working fine now