Theming is Not Working on Note 9 on Android 10

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 03:09 PM)
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello,
Just updated my Note 9 to Android 10.
But whenever I am trying to change the Accent colour under theming in Developer options nothing is happening.
Tried it in both light and dark mode.
Using stock Android. Using default theme. No root.
Anyone facing this issue? I have already reported this. They are looking into this matter.
I have attached a screen recording for reference.
Thanks.

13 Comments
Galaxy Note
Bro, that's the dummy project..forget it..
It's for show off...not working in our(s10) too from day 1, given so many feedbacks but till now, accent color is non functional..
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Recently I realized that icon shapes are also not working. God only knows what's the point to provide a feature which will actually won't work.
Galaxy Note
Yeah, icon shape change is also not working..feature hai na dikhane k liye..bas aur kya chahieye..😅...
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Has anyone tried to factory reset??? I am really sceptical that it will even work after reset.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
After enabling in developer options, restart the phone
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
okay will try. but for that do we need to enable dark mode in display settings???
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
yeah
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Applied the theme. Changed the Accent colour and icon shape and rebooted my device. Nothing changed. Neither the Accent colour nor the icon shape. Everything automatically changed to default.
0 Likes
Bonfire
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I tried changing icons to tear drop shape and restarted the phone, apparently icon changed but not the colour. Also on few other blogs people are telling that every time phone restarts everything goes to default.

What is the use of giving this option which is half baked.
0 Likes