Original topic:

Smart Switch Problem

(Topic created on: 01-26-2022 01:34 PM)
AnilNote20Ultra
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello Friends, Need a help. I am trying to backup my Note 20 Ultra using Smart Switch on my Windows laptop but my several attempts have failed. It gives a message “Connection to the Device has stopped unexpectedly, please connect the device and try backing up again” 

I have tried atleast 5-6 times using different cables, deleting the phone’s cache and also reinstalling the Smart Switch software on both the laptop and phone but nothing is working. 

It starts the process with ‘Loading backup lists’ and after about 15-20 minutes returns the error “Connection to the Device has stopped unexpectedly , please connect the device and try backing up 

If anybody has a solution, please help

Anil 
4 Comments
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Strange issue. Have you tried different ports of your laptop?

When you connect the cable, first choose 'Allow connection' from popup on phone and then open Smart Switch.

- Go to Galaxy Store and Play Store and check for any app updates.

- Make sure your anti-virus is not interfering with Samsung Smart Switch. Or just turn it off during this process. For example, McAfee is notorious to interfere with many such applications unnecessarily. If no anti-virus, turn off Windows Defender temporarily.

- Check if Windows updates are latest. Some driver updates for USB are pushed via these updates.

- Check this link and choose appropriate option for solution :
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001215/
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Thanks..will try and revert
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,  
Samsung Customer Support  

0 Likes
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
0 Likes