Original topic:

Motherboard Change/ Smart Switch/ Note10+

(Topic created on: 12-01-2019 09:49 AM)
batking33
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
Went to service center they told me I need a motherboard change.

I downloaded SmartSwitch to backup my device since I was gonna download a beta update. Connected my device with my laptop with the cable provided inbox with Samsung note 10+. Backup got done perfectly and then it showed me that I can update my phone with SmartSwitch. I was like why not since its already connected. 

This is picture from internet. It happened on my note10+

It started downloading, it was going perfectly then it got stuck at 39%. I thought it will resume but after 2 hours I disconnected and it told me to do a recovery update and when connected back into cable SmartSwitch on PC showed recovery option. Click through that and again stuck at 39%. I spend 4 hours on this and decided to go to service center because I was unable to put the device in recovery mode or unable to turn it off. 

At service center they spend 45 minutes and after that they told me that I need a motherboard change.

Came back home disappointed and still trying to turn off the device and thought came on(light buld lit up over my head). I thought why not try with another cable (USB c to USB 3.0 oneplus charging cable) 

It worked. I was relieved and shocked at the stupidity of this situation. 

I did everything exactly it was mentioned on the Samsung guide and downloaded USB drivers before I started this process. 

Samsung cable did the backup perfectly.
I have Msi gt72 dominator pro g, so it can't be the laptop. I think the problem was with USB drivers provided by #Samsung 
14 Comments
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
and I was worried screen burn. because the screen was always on.
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Good Information.You Saved Your device.Good work.
Galaxy Note
When ever you do a software update and it fails after 10 or 20 percent the first thing you should try is changing the USB cable.
Service centers will try to force you change the PCB as they are mainly concerned about revenue.
0 Likes
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
the cable did 7 GB backup like a charm, so I didn't think it was the cable. but I think its more of a USb c to usb c cable situation because they are not that popular.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
It would be free...lol.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Warranty will not be applicable for customer misuse.. It's the sole discretion of service person whether to provide warranty for a handset damaged during software updation by the end user.
0 Likes
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I used official cable bro that comes with note10+. I this case the official cable fails(type c to type c). so I had to use oneplus cable (type c to type 3.0)
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
This error happens sometimes. Especially during software updates. Loose contact pins in the USB cable is the reason.
0 Likes
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I went to service center and even they couldn't find what was the issue, I don't think service center cables were also having loose pin problem.
0 Likes