Original topic:

Samsung Note 9 - Display Discoloration & Overheating

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 06:04 PM)
Signup
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi All, You may have seen this problem already in community forum by many other Note9 Users.

Im also facing this issue from past 10 days.

1)Initially, when I unclock phone by pressing power button the display was changed to dim colour(mostly yellowish) and with horizantal lines displayed when the brightness is below 50%.

After tried with multiple times pressing on power button the display came to normal.

2) Next stage is its not normal with power button. I have to kept my phone aside for some time to get back to normal display. Its been 15 to 20 min then.

3) Now, I would get normal display only in morning because we keep phone idle in night. So I canged to lock screen power off from 30 Sec to 10 Minutes. So that my screen wont turn off and I can keep the display normally. If I forgot to use or kept aside more than 10 then my screen would go off and phone get locked so that display **bleep** again irritation starts with that discoloration probelm. 

4) If display changes to yellowish to reduce the horizantal lines problem I need to increase the brightness to 80 or 85% but this causing my phone with another problem "heating issue". Display is burning like we kept phone on fire some time.

Initially I thought this was my problem and I felt like dragged to worst situation in this hard time. After searching in community and google I have got to know that Many other(mostly hundreds) members also facing the same issue.

@Samsung need to respond on this issue and they must answer these questions to their customers.

If problem persists in one or two devices randomly we can accept that we may feel like "this is my fate as I got this defected device and it was gone after warranty". 

But this problem could be seen many devices( that too at a same time frame. Its not common problem which can be seen on one or two devices..

Its already reported in many websites like #PhoneArena, #AndroidAuthority, #9to5Google as Note 9 customers facing serious display problem after recent software update. However, we didnt here any word from our #Samsung about this issue. Like 
1)Are they going to fix this next software update?
2)Would they help their customers to repair if not problem solved by software update?
3) Why did it happen in many devices at same time and the same problem? What is the main cause or glitch here?
4)How could this can be solved ? (Aprt from same sterio type answer "Go to nearest service center")
We all know, without any specific guidelins from Samsung officially service center guys would surely says its display problem you need to replace the display which will cost about 19 or 20K for each individual.

Seriously? Do we need to suffer by spending 20K for company's mistake? If not company mistake how could this problem persists in hundreds of devices at a same time? Are they bugging by software? Or they selling damaged/malfunctioned devices?

People having the same issue, we need to stand unite and fight for this problem. Its **bleep** sure if same problem happened for iPhone they would surely respond if many number of customers having the same issue.

Please respond every one here who are facing the issue.

Self Declartion: using best case for protection and it was not fallen untill now. Using very carefully and I dont have any problem till now expect this.

Links posted by other users

Website Links :

33 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
why are you deleting the posts? If you don't like answers then dont post on the forum.
Signup
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
why should I bro? I don't know what happened just added some website links the post was gone. please don't throw the words without knowing the situation of opposite one.
akarsh115
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
turn of the blue light filter
Signup
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
no use bro, haven't turn on yet.
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
What I Believe as per the Screenshots it is the case of Display Burning, I might be wrong....Just Dial *#0*# from dial keypad, and check all the Colours Red Green Blue & Black and observe if full display showing colours with same intensity....
Signup
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
can you please elaborate bro? Is it hardware problem or software update?
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Bro...First you Check..what I mentioned above and then let us know the intensity of these Colours Same throughout the Display or not ??
Signup
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Bro, Just took these when my display is in normal state. Plz check and let me know your thoughts.