Original topic:

Reality check About Software Updates

(Topic created on: 06-16-2020 04:06 AM)
Shnicmcr
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Especially for those who are asking for One ui 2.1 update 

To the users of Note 9 , s9 and s9+ i want to say is that don't go for major software updates as your device is 2 year old now i know that its flagship category smartphones and u guys paid huge amount of money .

Just for the sake of some new features don't ruin ur beautiful smartphones .

I have Note 10 and Note 10 lite . When i updated my Note 10 to One ui 2.1 it started me giving the headaches like lack of sharpness in pictures , delay in opening apps , heating issue , battery is not giving enough screen time .

Now about Note 10 lite 
It has 2 yr old Exynos 9810 SoC same as Note 9
After the update what i saw that there is little yellow tint on the screen and device feeling laggy a bit , Camera picture quality is deteriorated .

I know that updates are to improve device performance but that's not the case in India especially with Exynos SoC .

Samsung is still far away from providing quality software updates this needs to be changed .

Samsung has the best displays in the world kudos for that but after some time ur 60k or 80K phone not works as per the quality it has to offer then it hurts a lot .

Although i love Note series a lot . 

Please share ur thoughts .
15 Comments
DeanHunter
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
totally agree.
i regret updating and ruining my beautiful S9 after Pie update.
many wonderful features are gone and after 10 update it became more worse and my another Mobile A50 looks much advanced than S9
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Bro i have one little thing to ask you... How did you update your device when the major upgrade was provided? Did u upgrade via software update section in your settings or via smart switch app in pc?
0 Likes
Shnicmcr
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
via smart switch
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
True fact!
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I have always updated via normal OTA through my own wifi connection and never faced any issues for last couple of years since launch of note 9. This concept of smartswitch maybe an alternative but it's not a solution of getting update method right or wrong. I dont understand why it's been promoted in such way as if OTA is wrong. Then all manufacturers will stop OTA and provide alternative like connectivity through pc etc.

in my opinion since phones are manufactured in masses there can be some that are defective and which failed quality check.🙄
SamPro
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
even I always do it through OTA, and everything seems to be normal. now the issue could be with the software itself rather than how it is updated.
0 Likes
born2bright
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
if security patch and one ui 2.1 updates provides separately, then updating security patch only, if both in one package what to be do? without security patch,,, how can we use our smartphones,,,,
Shnicmcr
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yeah , there are only few amount people whose phones r working fine even after 2 major software updates .
0 Likes
Mysteriousboy
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
true
0 Likes