Original topic:

Problem #3 for Note20 Ultra : Green line

(Topic created on: 05-24-2023 04:40 PM)
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
As obviously suggested as per the title, this the third issue I'm getting since using my #note20ultra. I will explain the previous errors, but first to the latest. Today morning I was greeted by a sudden appearance of a green line, and as soon as I off'd my screen and on it back, it went to normal (only the screen, and not the device power). Then within 30 seconds time, the line came back on, and has stayed on till now. 

As of now, I have tried restarting, restaring in safe mode, clearing cache partition and checked for update as well. 

I have searched more about this and have seen that alot of devices especially from note20 and s20 range, are affected by this issue, expecially soon after a software update. - my last update was on 20th May, so 3 days back. 

Considering that the S20 series even had a free replacement program last year, so this issue is well known as well.

Now this is the #3rd issue I'm getting since the first year has passed for the device. #1st issue was the back glass slowly peeling off (seen some cases within the Indian subcontinent) and corrected through Samsung repair center. Then came the #2nd with the screen orientation error which was after months of agony corrected through an update fix. 

For a person who has been using Samsung from the s3 series persistently for the past maybe 12 years, and never once had any such issues, this is very alarming. It does not look good

3 Comments
Reaper666
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Nothing to worry. Just explain this to service centre guys . I faced similar issue in s20+ . It was out of warranty and still got free screen replacement.
0 Likes
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yeah, got the same for my device once I visited a service center. But now I'm confused as to if I should or should not do further updates. Have you updated your device to the latest firmware since the issue was repaired?
0 Likes