Original topic:

Oneplus experience.

(Topic created on: 08-18-2020 05:09 PM)
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
In an earlier post, when I was using S20, I reported some major issues and told that I'll shift to oneplus instead. Well, I did. And i had a lot of fun using Oneplus7 pro for 2 months. 

Basically, it made me realise what a greatly inferior chip is provided to us at the same price point as snapdragon variants. The phone is one and a half year old in hardware and yet it gave me better performance than the S20. Even while gaming there were no lags as such, no fps drops and the phone maintained 40°C compared to S20 which went upto 45°C. After charging the phone to 90%, even 2 hours of continuous gaming, oneplus was still left with 45% to 50% battery, that too with 90hz enabled at QHD resolution. On the other hand, when i charged the S20 to 100%, 2 hours of continuous gaming left me with just 20% to 25% battery, of course 120hz at FHD. I understand 120hz is a huge battery consumer but this is just a pathetic difference. Even when I used to play it on 60hz QHD resolution, the phone was left with 30% to 35%. Exynos 990 is a powerful chipset, in a way. Its faster than the SND 855 but, on paper. In real life, I noticed some differences between the both. The exynos 990 hanged a little but SND 855 did not give me such problem. Other than this, some minor differences were there. Not important.

My point is, if you want to provide a flagship phone please ship it with SND chipsets. Hopefully, this inferiority will be eliminated with the partnership of AMD. Pretty excited about it. But then again, last year when exynos 990 was teased as the "Super Processor", it quite well did not perform as its level. Guessing this problem does not occur the next time. Last but not the least, now that I'm back to Samsung, I'm using the Note10+, and I feel this is a much better work than the S20 lineup. The reason I switched back is that, after all Samsung is Samsung😁❤. Well oneplus had great hardware, great software but still it felt like there were some sacrifices which I'd rather not make. That's all.
5 Comments
Galaxy Note
Congratulations and You by choosing Note 10+ you did great.

After getting rid of Flopship S20+ I have also bought Note 10+. Cheers.
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Cheers man😁. I actually feel that this phone is way better than the disgusting S20 lineup😂
Galaxy Note
Same here ..
sarfarazahmed
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
now i think
that i should buy OnePlus or apple
because of chips like Snapdragon or apple processor
if the rumours to be true for exynos 1000
that Samsung is in partnership with amd
things might change what do u guyzs think
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
i feel that things are going to change for samsung with AMD. the results are already promising with the gaming department. oneplus has problems in touch from its 1st generation. ive used oneplus 1 3 3t 7 pro. one thing is common that is the touch. so its better this way. talking about apple nobody likes ios when he/she uses android from the beginning. just so many restrictions. i mean come on. so lets wait for the S21 lineup. i believe theyll change the game.
0 Likes