Original topic:

Note 9 screen breaks without stress or drop

(Topic created on: 05-18-2019 10:49 PM)
Bubba
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello.  I was stunned the other day when I took my Note 9 out of my pocket. To my horror the screen had broken by itself.  I checked online and found similar issues dating to the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ device. On Samsung forums, there is a thread of 50 pages relating to this issue.  Anyone else have this issue? I just bought the phone less than 3 weeks in.

Best regards,
Bubba
0 Likes
6 Comments
mvsimple
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
just bought it today and I am worried
fhd500
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
that depends on you
if you wear a tight jeans and your pocket is not comfortable enough this will crack the screen
try to put your phone in a bigger pocket
0 Likes
Bubba
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
it was in big, loose work pants.
0 Likes
starmoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
it is Corning glass 5 the most powerful glass in this category very difficult to crack like this from where you purchased it may be some Chinese version developed without Corning glass else not possible
0 Likes
Bubba
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I purchased from authrosied dealer. I have Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Note 8, and Note 9. The Note 8 was made in Korea and felt the most solid. I was worried before buying because it's made in Vietnam and I know Samsung has issues that they don't like to disclose or repair. Look how they handled the Galaxy Fold issue. I am concerned maybe they used cheap materials like communists always do. Just check when China used melamine in baby food and pet food. Also, when they used lead paint in toys. They always try to cut corners and reduce cost. I was totally in shock when this happened. I couldn't believe it. But I found same exact crack in Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ on the Samsung forums. A user submitted photos.
0 Likes
starmoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I can't say anything that is not faced by me so you better go to service centre and check it
0 Likes