Original topic:

Note 9 Battery life

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 10:24 AM)
Karmvir27
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Above screenshot was taken by me today. I saw that after using the phone for just 4 hrs the battery life was gone. I think we deserve much better battery life with latest software. Samsung kindly look into this. If anybody has any help they can offer will be good.
I am using adaptive battery settings, Optimized mode and wqhd+ screen res. I think earlier it was far better. The thing is that i am using just single sim. If i am using dual sim 4g volte it is far less.

Kindly share your screenshots in comment box below so we can get a better idea!!!

Some more screenshots:

0 Likes
12 Comments
PK610
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
my s9+ is facing the same issue
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Next time time take a long screenshot of both the battery usage page apps as well as hardware and all of your settings regarding powermode. Maybe I can help you.
0 Likes
Karmvir27
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i have added some more screenshots as suggested...
0 Likes
Karmvir27
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i cannot upload all the apps but i saw that many were running in the background so i made changes in their settings to put to sleep when not in unse.
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
It's strange, similar to my Motorola Z2 play, in my case it was due to some modem and networking stuff issue, my mobile network standby and device idle drain used to be high and it can never be solved by OTA update.
But in your case, there is something else that is still consuming resource which is not showing up.
This one is lengthy but you can give a try.

First give your phone a full charge, reboot and again plugin and install accubattery app from playstore, open it, give all necessary permissions to run it in the background. Add the mAh used by all apps and see if it counts against you battery rated capacity, there should not be more than 150mAh difference.
Empty the battery fully, plug it in, switch on so that accubattery can run and plug it in for more than 4hour keeping your phone in flight mode untouched. Then check the total mAh pumped in for the last charge, if it is less than 100mAh of battery rated capacity, then your device has battery calibration issue.

Even if your device pass in all these test and you are satisfied with the result, use your device from 100% in safe mode, if there is still battery drain then it's hardware issue that probably might not be solved even by OTA.

It's a long lengthy process, but that's maximum what an end user can do for the best.

Wish you good luck.
katz
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
brother i would suggest you to please format your device and don't install useless apps.
hope that helps..
0 Likes
Karmvir27
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Done that already...
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Another thing that I found is if I put an app to sleep, it still runs in the background. Here is the proof.
Karmvir27
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Samsung should look into this....
0 Likes