Original topic:

Note 9 Android and Software Update

(Topic created on: 11-20-2021 02:27 PM)
Sachchidanand0099
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
In my opinion the flagship phones should get continuous software updates.
I am using Samsung Note 9, which is currently running on Android 10 and One UI 2.5.
Samsung is providing Android 12 with One UI 4 in the phones realsed from Note 10 till date.
I urge Samsung to release the same update for Note 9 also.
12 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
So what about note 8 users? Oh then what about note 7?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
That's what i said, if the device is compatible to handle the updates, then they should continue doing that.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Not going to happen.. Almost all devices they release will be capable. They cannot keep up doing that for note,s and A series. Even M series devices like m30s are capable.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
But flagships should get at least 5 years of software updates including android updates. Google is doing it's best to find a workaround to fix the software updates issues. Project treble is one of the big achievement. Windows gives updates for at least 10 years. Windows 7 got updates for 14 years. I know Android and Windows are not the same.Google was even working on another OS but with the fear of losing market or with the popularity of Android that hasn't happened. What I am trying to say ia that COMPANIES SHOULD FOCUS ON UPDATES AND OPTIMIZATION INSTEAD OF RELEASING 10 OR 20 PHONES PER YEAR. THEY SHOULD USE GOOD QUALITY COMPONENTS THAT CAN LAST LONGER. IT IS ALSO ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
All I said is that it is not going to happen with the sheer number of phones that are being released. And ideally your point is right. One more thing YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT. Thanks.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Hey bro, I wasn't shouting. I just highlighted the point so that if anyone isn't interested in reading it, he/she can just read the conclusion.😅
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ok bro but it's how shouting is represented in writing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Oh sorry for that. Will not use in future. Thanks 👍
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You can surely use it to highlight certain words of the sentence, but it's not considered good to write the whole sentence in caps.