Original topic:

Note 8 Issue ~ Recovery Steps

(Topic created on: 07-30-2020 05:28 PM)
Admin
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Customer,

At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused with regards to your Galaxy Note 8 mobile issue and express our sincere appreciation for your patience. The impact has been to very limited devices, we request you to follow the below mentioned guide for recovery of the device.

Recovery Steps – To be done on Mobile

Step 1: (If device is not powering on) Charge device for at least 1 hour with original charger provided with box before starting process.

Step 2: Phone should be in Switch OFF state, follow the procedure as below:

Long press “Volume Down + Power Key + Bixby Key”

Admin_0-1596098731615.png

Step 3: After step 2, warning message will be displayed as shown in above image. 

Press the Volume up button and device will go to same state as shown.

Connect the phone to laptop/desktop via USB Cable.

Admin_1-1596098731639.png

Recovery Steps – To be done on laptop/desktop

Step 4: Click on the link and download 2 files in one Folder https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o2u26wfcpdz68/

Step 5: Install Smart switch application in laptop/desktop before proceeding further (https://www.samsung.com/in/support/smart-switch/)

Step 6: Connect device with laptop/desktop using USB cable in the state shown in Step 3.

Step 7: Double click “N950FXXSDDTG5” exe file which is downloaded from the link of Step 4.

Tool will be opened as shown below. Click “Start” Button 

Admin_2-1596098731648.png

Step 8: Wait for 10 minutes after clicking on “Start” button.

Step 9: If “Pass” is displayed on tool screen as below then device will return to home screen after some time.

Admin_3-1596098731660.png

We assure you of our continued support.

Sincerely,

Team Samsung

51 Comments
Abdul_Rahman
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Samsung finally brings solution for Note 8 user's.Hope after this process the problems facing by Note 8 user's get solved.
0 Likes
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Of course it will👍
0 Likes
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
nice work samsung
0 Likes
Patz
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

Will flashing rom through odin wipe my data beacause I am not able to backup through smart switch on my PC and  why is smart switch mentioned here? , there is no proper clarity about the fix.

0 Likes
Samsung_vJyOZm3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Can i get the download link for region Nepal. I am also facing same issues with my Note 8.

0 Likes
Samsung_SO4JhXs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Will there be a Air link provided ? 

0 Likes
pankajec2k
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Guys anyone tried this method to recover?

0 Likes
Juñńu
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

can you please tell me the use of  downloading smart switch  here  and when we have to use smart switch as it is not mentioned in recovery steps .

WE HAVE TO BACK UP AND RESTORE , BEFORE AND AFTER  FLASH RESPECTIVELY OR NO NEED OF IT ?

0 Likes
pankajec2k
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi everyone. the above method is working. Go ahead and update your phones. i have repaired mine.....

0 Likes