Original topic:

Note 10 plus Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 02:00 PM)
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
After the July( June security patch) update the battery quickly even more than last month update. Normally in standby when we check for 7 hours it drains 3 to 4 % with all features on.

But now inturned off location, and other few settings (which I used in last test). I took screenshot at 11.56 pm and morning 7.05am. with 7 hrs standby it drains from 70% to 62% which is 8%. Which is not at all acceptable. I think samsung purposely doing it to induce consumer to prepare their mindset to buy note 20 series which going to come next month. 

The update which we received doesn't carry a June/July security patch. They simply pushing out to degrade the battery performance. So you will enough time to think and buy note 20 which going to come with inferior Exynos 990.😡

6 Comments
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
new note 20 is coming out, samsung must do something so people upgrade to new one. playbook of Apple 🍎

possible not true. 🤣
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Agree they want us to throw existing phones into the grave and buy new one and again the cycle will start of issues. Samsung has the worst battery performance application and cannot control the same inspite of adding higher mAh batteries, issue is always the same😡
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Check your Background Activities
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
bro I tested with network and tested in aeroplane mode. both times battery drains.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Battery drainage" issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Battery optimization:-Settings>Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

2. Close background running apps:-Tap on recent key and close the background running application.

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
cs- member13. - Oh my god, again repeated chatbot responses . I don't know who you are. If you really know about something then share. Don't simply cut copy and paste the default format. we never expect such kind of childish reply from you.

This is not my 1st device, this is my 14th device from samsung. I know very well about samsung UI and updates. more over you have to think twice before you post. I am using the same apps same settings no changes. before update the phone battery drains only 4% for 8 hours, after the update it drains 8% for just 6 hours. I didn't changed anything.
now you tell me whether the update carrying bug or not. pls send the feedback to the developer, so that they can rectify that in the next update if it's not purposely did.
.Don't post this kind of response hereafter.
thanks
0 Likes