Active Level 1
Dear Samsung,

I come from a computer science engineering background... 2 months ago I switched to the Galaxy Note 10 Lite after using the Redmi K20 Pro for more than a year and prior to that, I've used One plus 6.
Here's a basic feature that I was using intensively on my previous phones that I've found missing on my Galaxy Note 10 Lite:

1) There's no option to use the 5 GHz band for broadcasting Wi-Fi hotspot. (My Note 10 Lite can connect with 5 GHz of 802.11ac Wi-Fi band on my Wi-Fi router, but it cannot broadcast in 5 GHz band as hotspot).

2) When I connect my phone to the 5 GHz band of 802.11ac with 80 MHz channel bandwidth using the Wi-Fi router to transfer a large file of 2 GB or more between my phone and computer or between my phone and Android TV, the transfer speed is about 18 to 20 Mega Bytes/ps (which is roughly 152 Mega Bits/ps) which is normal... But after about 20 or 25 seconds, for no apparent reason the transfer speed (Wi-Fi throughput) suddenly goes down to 6 Mega Bytes/ps (which is roughly 48 Mega Bits/ps).

The reason I care about these things is because 5 GHz Wi-Fi of 802.11ac with 80 MHz channel bandwidth allows me to have file transfer speeds of 28 to 30 Mega Bytes/ps (which is roughly 230 Mega Bits/ps). Which means I could transfer a 3 or 4 GB movie file between my phone and computer/android TV within 35 to 40 seconds on my previous phones. But because of the lack of 5 GHz hotspot option on my Note 10 Lite and because of the drop in speed on my phone after 20 seconds of transfer when connected to 5 GHz band via WiFi router, I have to now wait for 10 to 15 minutes to transfer a large file. My Wi-Fi router and computer and android tv are working absolutely fine. It's an issue in the phone software. 

Dear Samsung, I request you to kindly fix this software issue soon via OTA updates and also provide 5 GHz Wi-Fi hotspot option as well. Kindly acknowledge this post of mine as I'm waiting for a reply from your end.

Regards,
Shane Picardo.
(Computer Science B.Tech)
13 Comments
Active Level 4
You have to factory reset your phone
Are you sure? I'm wondering how does factory resetting my phone would automatically add a 5 GHz WiFi hotspot option in settings? I just installed the latest November security update a few days ago...
Active Level 6
Thank god I found another educated person here. Even I'm a computer science engineer and I've been unable to find any help here on this forum because we have many 'educated' people here who have one simple answer for every problem - Factory reset.
Anyways, sorry to hear that you are facing such an issue with your device. I would recommend you to compare the wifi specifications of your device with Note 10. I have Note 10 so wont be able to help you directly but i can share wifi specifications with you if you want.
Hahahaha well said buddy! Indeed we can't expect professional help from this forum except for replies like "do a factory reset". 😝
Anyways, back to the point, my phone is the "Galaxy Note 10 Lite" that I purchased for Rs. 40k in the Indian market. Since you have the Galaxy Note 10, do you have the option for broadcasting in 5 GHz hotspot band in settings?? for example one of my friend has Note 9 and he too doesn't have this option. My Galaxy Note 10 Lite is just perfect. Except for this 1 issue that I'm facing on this phone.
On my WiFi router, I use channel 36 with 80 MHz channel bandwidth on 5 GHz. Let's say I'm transferring a 3 GB 1080p movie from my phone to pc or phone to android tv or vice versa, for the first 20 seconds, the transfer speeds would be 18 to 20 MB/ps and then go down to just 5 to 6 MB/ps.
My WiFi router or PC or Android TV is perfectly fine. It's just a problem or software glitch with this model of the phone I guess...

Screenshot_20201126-224648_Settings_5002.jpg

I have the option to broadcast in 5 GHz but I can't say about speed as I usually dont transfer huge files wirelessly. Did you try any 3rd party hotspot app just to see if it provides an option to broadcast in 5 GHz?

Screenshot_20201127-120840_Settings_15402.jpg

When you use 5 GHz with 80 MHz channel bandwidth to transfer 1080p or 4K movies or large game files of 3 or 4 GB or more, trust me, it's better and much faster than most pendrives. For example, my previous phones or my mom's phone which is Infinix hot 9 that I purchased for Rs. 8,000 can broadcast 5 GHz hotspot and can transfer files point to point at speeds of about 35 MB/ps (around 280 Mb/ps). Which means a file of 1 GB would get transferred in less than 30 seconds wirelessly. :)
**bleep** that's dope! I'll definitely try it out.
My dad has a Note10 lite so I'll see if the same issue persists with his device as well and let you know.
Expert Level 5
I am not a computer techie but have a bit of grey matter on this Subject . Set your router channel within 49 to 110 on 5Ghz. or even 36ghz. you will see changes to your transfers.
No, you didn't get my point buddy. It's actually the issue with the Galaxy Note 10 Lite operating system software.
On my WiFi router I have always used channel number 36 with 80 MHz channel bandwidth and is working perfectly fine with all other devices on 5 GHz with high speed data/file transfers. There's a drop in data transfer after 20 or 25 seconds when I use my phone which is the Galaxy Note 10 Lite while transferring large files.