Original topic:

Issue post android 10 update

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 10:21 AM)
Sand4art
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

My phone was all fine for a week after android 10 upgrade. But now I am facing issues related to battery and charging. My phone was no longer being recognized by systems. And my phone wouldn't charge through USB or Power adapter. No fault with charger because I did charge another phone with the same cable. Even the battery kept draining very quickly.

Finally, since I had an emergency travel I had to buy a  Wireless charger to charge my phone. But after I used wireless charger and then plug in the cable, the charger would work but that too not fast charging but normal charging.  Extremely strange right!!!! 

Fed up with all this, performed a complete factory reset on my phone. After that for one day my phone worked perfectly fine. Now today my phone again decided to quit charging and only charge through wireless charger.  Also the faulty USB alert that would pop when I plugged my cable to laptop is back. Has anyone faced the same issue. 

Methods tried already in sequence:

1) check for faulty cable

2) charging in safe mode 

3) cleaning the charging port

4) Wipe out cache

4) Do a factory reset on phone

0 Likes
4 Comments
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hi there this to me seems more like a hardware issue and not software issue.. it is unfortunate that this is happening after android 10 update but the way your phone is behaving i feel its a charging port issue.. its very common when phones become a little older.. please visit a samsung service centre and get your charging port, charging adapter and usb cable checked.. you may never know if one of them is faulty and might work properly sometimes..
0 Likes
Sand4art
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Well even i thought so but since it happened right after update and then the issue seemed to be rectified after factory reset, it is all confusing now. but yes will go to service center now. Thanks for responding.. 😊
0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
yes smartphones are confusing sometimes.. also check whether you have accidentally turned off fast cable charging in settings.. if issue persists let samsung handle it.. even if there is a software issue they will rectify the same.. Hope you get the best user experience again from samsung.. Feel free to get in touch on this thread anytime.. Thanks.
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I am also facing charging and high battery drain issues after android 10 on my note10+. you can try using different charger or different cable if available. try using different wall plug(different room) to charge your device.
0 Likes