Original topic:

Green line issue resolved : refrain from further updates?

(Topic created on: 06-07-2023 01:45 PM)
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Recently had the green line issued on my #note20ultra after May update and have resolved the issue through display replacement. Today it seems a new update is available to install, leaving me in a fit of worrry of the same issue propping up post update. 

What seems to be the community opinion regarding this?
13 Comments
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
If you have another phone then start recording the entire update session. If no issues, then it's fine.
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks but does not relate to the issue at hand. The green line issues from.my experience and based on the community, comes up any time between 3 or 4 days after the update, and not immediately post update.
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Would not say that. It is still the best available.
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I have not experienced such issue on my Note 20 Ultra (Exynos) and I am on the latest update.
But I do prefer to Factory Reset my phone once a year after jumping from one OS to another... 11 to 12, 12 to 13...
And around every 4 months or so, I also like to Wipe Cache from Recovery.
Zero bugs so far.

Maybe because I follow this process, it did not cause any green line issue on my phone? Not sure.
0 Likes
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yeah those are good practices in general to follow. But this issue seems to be a hardware defect that props up after an update, even by security update as with my case and not necessarily a major os update.
0 Likes
sakuya_bob
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
How much does it cost you for replacement.even I am facing same issue from many days. You can check my community post as well for idea of my issue.
By the way that today software is for jio 5g. Now jio user can use 5g I this phone. Note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
fe11zy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I believe your S20 device had the issue and has since been repaired. So have you since then updated your s20 device to the latest firmware and security update?
0 Likes
sakuya_bob
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
They repaired it for s 20 but asking money for note 20 ultra.
0 Likes