Original topic:

Galaxy Note 8 bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 02-08-2018 05:57 PM)
NotePhilia
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I have been using Galaxy Note 8 since a month now. Everything else works fine except for the bluetooth. I have 2 bluetooth stereo headsets with bluetooth version 4.1, which used to work absolutely fine with Note 3 and Note 5, but with Note 8 the bluetooth connection gets dropped even when phone is in my pocket and i have put headphones on. I still have Note 3 and Note 5 and the bluetooth device works good with both.

One of my bluetooth headsets is truly wireless which means that the left and right earpieces get connected with each other wirelessly. Sometimes only the left earpiece works and not the right earpiece. The connection keeps dropping and reconnecting so i have to play the music again and again as it gets paused on disconnection.

I know that the bluetooth version on Note 8 is 5+ and the google says that it is backward compatible.
Google Pixel series is also facing issues with bluetooth version 5 backward compatibility and they have assured their costumers with a software update to fix the issue. But i have read on samsung members forum from other members that Samsung hasn't assured its customers with any such fix. Instead some members have received a reply asking them to update the firmware of their bluetooth devices, which is a very strange reply and not expected from a company like Samsung especially for their flagship phones.

So, after all that said above, I would love to know from some authorised person in Samsung that when are they planning to fix this issue?

Also the Bixby voice wake up command doesn't always work. Google Now could wake up on Ok Google command even when I am 5 metres away from my phone.

Thanks.
7 Comments
roshini96
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
open this👉 http://bit.do/samsung-app-link-download
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Your speakers use Bluetooth classic. Bluetooth 5 and several previous versions only improve upon Bluetooth low energy (used by smart devices like Gear) while the Bluetooth classic has remained unchanged. Besides Bluetooth 5 is not supported by Nougat. So any problem that you are facing is probably not caused by Bluetooth 5. About the Bixby part, there is an option in Bixby's setting to increase the sensitivity of voice wakeup and also try retraining your voice model for better results.
0 Likes
NotePhilia
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi AbhijithSB. i am yet not sure about why my bluetooth devices are not working correctly. But for bixby, i am keeping the highest sensitivity for voice wake up and also i keep training it with different ways of how i speak. But the problem is that for the same conditions, google voice wake up works good but not bixby. I have also tried clearing the app cache, clearing the cache partition and keeping the google voice up off. But still the issue.
0 Likes
AbhijithSB
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Google voice has been around for a while so it will perform better. Give Bixby some time, it will get better, hopefully. I personally don't use voice wake up a lot but it has worked like 9/10 times when I tried. It is unlikely that its an issue with your device, it will probably get better with future updates.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We would like to inform you that please follow the steps below:-
* Navigate to apps >> Settings >> Applications >> tap on three dots right on top >> Reset app preferences.
* Run your device in safe mode.
* Reset your device after taking the complete backup of your device.
In case, the issue still persists in your device, we request you to share device log files using error report option via Samsung member application i.e. Samsung member app> feedback>question /error > attach log file.

Note: For better assistance, please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes
TNB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi, This is regarding Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity.
I am facing the issue of wifi connectivity.
When my phone is connected to my U flex bluetooth headset. My wifi symbol show exclamation when its connected to bluetooth and wifi stops working.
Wifi works fine when its not connected to bluetooth. Data Network works fine even if it's connected to Bluetooth. It's very frustrating that i cant watch my favourite videos online while connected to Bluetooth even if i am using highest end products.
by Samsung.
Please give some solutions.
Already tried resetting network settings. Pairing & un pairing bluetooth.
My other devices wifi works fine when connected to same Bluetooth.
0 Likes
TNB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I am using Galaxy Note 8 paired with My Samsung U flex neckband. Initially it was working fine With Level U app installed. Most importantly its Caller name announcement was working great. In fact that's the reason i purchased those. But after pie update it started acting weird. Sometimes it announces Caller name in very low volume... Sometimes it doesn't. I tried every possible setting that's possible but no success. So i got phone software reinstalled from samsung authorized service center. After that caller announcement features on my u flex wored properly. But only for few days. Does anyone facing same issues. Any solution for the problem.
0 Likes