Sahuhere
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Fingerprint sensor not responding in my note 9 after latest software updates 
11 Comments
Galaxy Note
Dear Note 9 user,

You need to visit service centre to reinstall you software update again from service centre.

If you have updated it via WiFi or mobile data it may happened that due to slow internet connectivity few files may have skipped or not installed properly, software glitch occured .

Use Smart switch PC version or go to service centre to update your mobile software updates.

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "fingerprint" issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Try after register a new fingerprint. To register a new fingerprint:-
Settings> Bio metric and security>Fingerprints > Continue > Set secure screen lock > Start with center.

2. Reset the device and before resetting the device make sure to create backup of your device via Smart Switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite
Settings > General Management > Reset.

After Performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Dgenovese053
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I believe Samsung is practicing planned obsolescence with these updates. The idea is to force you into purchasing the latest phone. Take your $1000. Phone which is working, force a glitched update so phone no longer works.

Guess what Samsung... this is my LAST Samsung product. Oh im getting a new phone this week... but not a Samsung. What needs to be done here is a good old fashioned class action lawsuit!

0 Likes
Sahuhere
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
The problem is finger sensor not responding error is popping up when removing the existing setup .

This issue occurred after software updates and which is samsung fault. why i have to reset my phone which is headache 😩. please update softwares patch to resolve this
0 Likes
abhisiwach
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Even I'm facing the same problem. After updating to the latest security patch, my fingerprint has stopped working. I went to the service center and got my firmware reinstalled but the problem is still there as they have the latest august update which is the real culprit.
0 Likes
Sahuhere
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks for sharing your issue. what is your next step
0 Likes
abhisiwach
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I will wait for the update as service center guys have no clue about what to do. They are asking to replace the fingerprint sensor but this problem has occurred after the latest update.
0 Likes
abhisiwach
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Are you still facing the same issue?
0 Likes
Sahuhere
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
yes. i am facing the issue now. but sometimes fingerprint sensor is working for couple of minutes after restart which is very strange 🤔
0 Likes