Original topic:

Dex on N9 Beta with Usb2TypeC cable..On Request..

(Topic created on: 12-08-2019 04:08 PM)
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi Friends today in the mornings one of our Member ask me to post Some Photos of With Dex on Note9 by using Usb to Type C cable in Beta Version of One UI 2..So, here I am posting the complete Conclusion after using it on My HP Laptop with i3 3rd generation using Windows 7..All Conclusion on the basis of resources I used and my personal Feedback..So I might be wrong somewhere also, And if you find it at some point then don't hesitate to make me Correct....

First phase Installation of Drivers through Samsung on your Laptop or Desktop, and presently it is Supportive on Windows 7 & 10 only (Not available for Windows 8 or 8.1), I am not going by other OS here..

Once the installation is Completed and it ready to use in first attempt it has not Supported then I tried again with other port it Started (Remember it won't work if your Handset is in locked Condition, So as soon as you unlock your device it starts with Samsung Dex start now window

Now when you started using Dex, first set Screen Timeout for Connected Display & your Keyboard Preferences as per your Choice..

And now use it the way it is meant for Different-2 tasks.. Here I have highlighted the Main Buttons used for Different-2 tasks, you can take Screenshots directly from Dex window and it get saved in your Handset..

Some more Screenshots with Different-2 Operations..

And one Short Video too, in reference of using Dex.

My Conclusions:- After using it Find Some Good & Area of Improvement.
KEYBOARD:- Both keyboard works (Laptop as well as Handsets Keyboard available on laptop's Display, when selected "On screen keyboard location to Monitor" , while when it selected to " On Screen keyboard location to phone" , both Laptop's and Handset's Keyboard available on main display works fine...

Mouse:- Laptops mouse is only working and not the Handsets Display and try to find any Settings both could not get anything, hence if you want to use your Display as a mouse it was not working as per my resources and Conclusion....Area of Improvement...

As long as Dex is in working mode Phone's Display only got Off and doesn't get locked untill the Screen Timeout reaches to its limit (15Sec....60min.). And when it get locked (Handset) you can Unlock it through Handset by using your Fingerprint or Pin on your Handset as well as from Monitor (Laptop) Display by Clicking on Lock icon and then again new window with lock icon opens and when you click it, then it will ask your pin just enter it and will be unlocked from there also...

With this Cable I am not able to play any Video Streaming (Dex mode) from Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Vodafone Play, Airtel Xtreme, Zee5 etc. Some of them are not fully Supported like Amazon prime, Zee5, While no Video but only Audio in playback with Hotstar, Vodafone Play, Airtel Xtreme etc. 

Also in between many times it was working but Asks for "Verify your identity" & uses only Intelligent Scan and not accepting Fingerprint or PiN...I think it a sort of Bug and needs to be improved....

No up & Down Scroll bar in minimize and Maximize Screen for Multiple contents to scroll up & Down you need to do this with up & Down arrow keys only...Which irritated me and needs to Improve...

14 Comments
Manojtomer
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Excellent
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thnx...
Galaxy Note
Great review Bro!
About the OTT apps not working I think that it may be due to copyright issues as these apps do not allow you to screen on your display. So same would be the case with dex. Innitialy my amazon prime was working earlier but it had stopped afer a few updates. However I may be wrong not too sure!
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes.. Probably this might be the main Cause of not Working with some.. bt some of them are half Supported, no Video but only Audio..Though once again it is the issue with Third Party Apps..
0 Likes
S20FE5G865
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
thank u bro excellent job
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Welcome Bro...
0 Likes
iMAjay
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I tried... but we can play games either on PC or on mobile.
I wanna know... how to cast our mobile screen gameplay using DeX. Let me know. Thank you
0 Likes
iMAjay
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
How to cast our gameplay on our mobile to windows.
Is this feature available on DeX?
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I have not checked this, Since I rarely play Games...Let me check tomorrow ..