Original topic:

Calling / Dialer is slow - OneUI 4.0

(Topic created on: 03-28-2022 06:35 PM)
MrVJR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Calling from recents tab is too slow. It takes more than 4 seconds to display calling screen after placing the call. Swipe to call action also behaving the same way. This is happening only ,after updating to One UI 4.0. All other apps seem normal.

Calling is the essential functionality of a phone. After all spending huge amount to buy a flagship phone, this experience is truly unacceptable and inappropriate. 

There are plenty of posts in the Samsung Community regaring the same and none of them have proper resultion. 

Few examples:

I tried wiping cache portion but no luck. I myself a software developer so please consider that I have done all basic troubleshooting steps like Clearing App cache, restarting the phone etc... 

Samsung Experts out there.... Please help !
25 Comments
MrVJR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Whoever is liking or reading my post, please comment if you are facing the same issue and also the ways you tried to resolve. I am going to post a link to this thread to samsung support so that they cannot deny that this is a general issue with over phones.
0 Likes
sohamtrvd
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I am facing same issue in Galaxy S20 FE... it very annoying as you have paid highr for powerful processor and UI makes it useless... request to samsung to rectify dailer issue...

0 Likes
DkF62user
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Facing the same issue
Senthilraja
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Correct. It is very slow after the update.
MrVJR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I reported this issue in the " Get Help --> Send Feedback --> Error Reports" section.

finally got a response saying that there is a bug and their tech team is working to
resolve this. They have not in formed when they will push the fix though.

Request all to post your concern as I did so that they expedite the fix to release SoonerScreenshot_20220406-122519_Samsung Members_191631_1649228120.jpg
0 Likes
MrVJR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Today I have updated my phone to OneUi 4.1. The issue still exists. I am tired of all this. Anyone found solution?
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support! 

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. To resolve your device slowing down issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-is-my-phone-slowing-down-and-how-can-i-speed-i...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
MrVJR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi @cs_member8

First of all, Please read the actual problem reported in the thread. We are not experiencing slowness overall. It is the calling app alone. Leaving calling functionality alone, rest of the things work just fine.

One more thing. People following this thread are tired of these generic copy paste responses. Please respond only after proper investing the case reported. Hope I make sense to you!

Coming to next steps,

I verified the link you sent. It won't solve the issue reported here. It's been more than a month I registered the feedback and reported error by attaching logs in the Members app. They responded saying it is a bug and they would address it sooner. After their response OneUI 4.1 has arrived leaving the issue open.

Do you have any update on this bug fix?
0 Likes
MrVJR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hey any update the bug fix??