Original topic:

Beta Updates

(Topic created on: 01-19-2019 09:32 PM)
HVR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Dear Members,

i am observing a lot many members out here desperately signing up for beta updates and then later complaining and cribbing about how their phones are malfunctioning. Although samsung states this in its beta program but I think its wise to put forth the obvious.

1. Beta issue is supposed to give you problems and issues in functioning. This is how a software is tested. Nothing is without its flaws beta is the version with some really crude flaws in it.

2. Beta versions are usually meant for advance users who actually know what every bit of their phone setting means and how to manipulate it. If you are signing up for beta programme just in a hurry to get the latest software issue and are not that tech friendly. Trust me your hopes of showing off your new os will soon crumble to dust. An evidence of this is most of these excited users are now cursing samsung and everything for their poor user experience on beta.

3. If you're not tech savvy and have some crucial data on your phones. Please, i repeat please do not opt for beta testings. As in the end you may end up losing your dear data without anyway of getting it back. 

4. Beta versions are not for show off but represent a crucial step in development of a software. So please be well aware and prepared for glitches and for your phone notnbeing itself over the period of this beta testing. Report these through proper channels to the developer rather than making a scene out of it and putting your wrong judgement on display. 

So simply put, do not simply sign up for beta versions if you do not know the intricacies of what goes on in your device and its settings. Do not sign up if you can't tolerate your phone malfunctioning on you(this is the reason I do not)
Do not sign up for it if you just want latest software at the earliest. 
For as long as you are not storing in nuclear codes in your device, a recent security patch would be fine for your needs. And if you are you probably won't be here posting updates of your excitement on getting the beta version and resentment on its malfunctioning ;)
Have an awesome weekend ahead! 
22 Comments
delayshite
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Haha! still not as bad as last year! This beta is amazingly stable but the Oreo beta had quite a few bugs and oh my goodness! I felt so much second hand embarrassment reading comments the last time.
VasuGalaxyF23
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
This beta is quite stable
0 Likes
BabarSK
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am using this beta.it is better than previous oreo .feel good experience to use
0 Likes
jithus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
sir my samsunge s8plus 0.9. beta update not come plzzzz help new update prosusing help me 

i love samsung ♡
0 Likes
delayshite
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
If you can't figure out how to get the beta yourself I don't think you should be trying to get onto the beta.
0 Likes
RAVI66
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Did you lost any data during beta update?
0 Likes
ABBU
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
no
0 Likes
Singh1982
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
no dual VoLTE support.... very embarrassing for users......
BabarSK
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes it's true. all are expect dual volte feature get in pie update. but disappointed
0 Likes