Does anybody experiencing some significant battery drain On both WiFi/ Data Connection,
because after some security updates my phone charge is depleting,
Always on display is OFF (time)
Screen resolution is in medium
Heavy usage is done just for half an hour,
Like gaming and some artwork etc.
Browsing on WiFi only and use of Data Connection (4G) while outside only.
Nothing heavy is done on my phone to deplete the battery heavily.
When the screen is OFF then also the battery depletes.
FYI I don't run apps on background and kill those apps when the work is completed.
I use this Note 8 very carefully but still the battery depletion is noticeable because,
To notice the battery depletion here are the scenarios where i noticed the depletion.
1) When the phone is plugged out from charge from 100% I give some time for cooldown and don't use it immediately after charge but in the cooldown time the charge reduces to (96%) so a mere 4% decrease in cooldown period with nothing happening(No Always On Display).
2) While watching YouTube and other social media in the browsing time the battery percentage is around 90% and when you watch YouTube content on 1080p resolution the battery drop is significant to 82 to 80% from 90% battery and this is on YouTube and if you browse Insta and Facebook those things are biggest offender for battery drain as facebook drains much battery from 80% to 75% a 5% drop only while browsing around.
3) Since My Display Resolution is set to Mid not the native display resolution the battery backup after these security updates has made the battery performance poor on Note 8 because the battery drain is very much noticeable on the device.
4) Even in cellular call there was one instance happened where I spoke to my relatives about an hour on phone call and on that time the battery was at 25% but after the call the battery percentage was about 12% while this wasn't the case earlier because the battery drain accounts earlier was about 5% from 25% but now it is happening about 13% from 25% it has happened in more instances and it is noticeable after call because the battery low alert pops up quickly due to the drain.
5) Even on not so heavy games(Badland Brawl, Boombastic Brothers, Sierra 7) these titles aren't graphically demanding but the battery drain is happening as if you're playing a graphical demanding titles on your phones,
Like Fortnite etc.
The point which I'm mentioning and to prove here is after these security updates the performance of the battery has been poor and this is noticeable,
Eariler for my usage I was using this device for a whole day and charging only at night but now the charging trip has been increased as for one day work you have to charge 2 times to sustain a day's battery charge.
This is some noticeable and a significant battery drain cycle after these updates, because earlier these issues weren't there and these issues are cropping up after the new Mobile Launches and their new updates time period.
Well the NOTE 8 isn't a slouch in performance but looks like it has been deliberately been made to perform as a slouch after these updates.
Well this treatment isn't appreciated for a premium Phone users, atleast provide some good updates or New Software updates to Note 8 users.
Hey thanks man but still yaar it is not a cheaper phone it has all the Battery management programs but still after the updates the phone battery is discharging like crazy man, Looks like they want their premium customer to forcibly upgrade to another models to keep their cash register rolling.
I agree. Today flagship is just a namesake. Many manufacturers want to launch new products and convert new products to flagship and the older loses its place. This is how the older flagships are dilapidated by the manufacturers