Original topic:

Auto Brightness Issue

(Topic created on: 05-20-2020 02:14 PM)
ipanda0728
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

The brightness does not go below rhe above screenshot limit when I am in a dark room(Note: Auto brightness is turned on).
I have to manually turn down the brightness.
0 Likes
9 Comments
Raian114
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note

It may be the problem of the current version or the sensor is damaged.

0 Likes
ipanda0728
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Sensor is not damaged. I checked it with the *#0*# and it worked just fine. It's a software bug from what I investigated.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Perform Reset All Settings

Inappropriate settings may lead to Auto-brightness disable on Note 10Plus. So for this, you need to reset all settings.

How to reset all settings on Note 10Plus?Navigate to Settings Icon.Go to General Management.Tap Reset.Select Reset Settings.Enter PIN.Select Reset All Settings.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
auto brightness works on the value you set it. for example if you use it at night in a completely dark place and set your brightness to a desired level, the phone will then take it as the minimum level and set your brightness accordingly to the light.
0 Likes
ipanda0728
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
In a dark room it should be lower than the level in the screemshot. it doesn't go below that value in a dark room.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
ok now change it manually and auto brightness option should be turned on while you manually set. from the next time it'll set automatically to tht level you set whn you are in similar light condition ..
0 Likes
ipanda0728
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have already done that. Once you set brightness according to your preference(In auto brightness), you need to turn the auto brightness on and off for the auto brightness to work. I guess it's a software issue.
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes it is not working for me also.
0 Likes
ipanda0728
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I checked the sensor from *#0*# and the sensor works fine. I guess it's software bug.