Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Android 10 Update for Galaxy Note 8

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 05:18 PM)
zebishek
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Why Samsung you are not updating Galaxy Note 8, its a powerful device, can easily run android 10 update. It was launched in August, 2017 when the android 8 update was near and who purchased this device  in January or later got oreo out of the box since then you have provided only one update i.e. pie update. Just because you're  not updating Note8, many Note8 users would go for other brands like Apple and Google who update their older devices. In my opinion you should update your devices too. You are losing your customers Samsung all the best

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Agnit
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i am strictly note series user. i haven't touch any phone besides note series since first note. i am also planning to go for one plus next time. samsung needs to update their policies. they will surely lose customers.

they are unfair to note series since beginning. the event goes like this.

:- s series lauch with latest android.
:- lauch of new android
:- note series with old android version
:- note (after 3 month) and s series (after a year) updated to new version. again s series lauch with new android.

note series recives first major update within 3 month whereas s series receives first major update after a year.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Comments
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hello, Samsung only provides 2 OS updates.Note 8 has gotten it's two OS updates.It was released with Android 7 and then updated to 8-9.And Yes they should improve its OS updates.
zebishek
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yes, you are right but Samsung needs to take care of their customers, who have bought this note 8 device in January or later got the android 8 out of the box and only got one update as of now.
0 Likes
Agnit
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@Vicky455 that is the issue that they "treat all phone equally" ,midrange and flagship.

if i paid 64k for a phone (double of current midrange) than i expect it to be given more importance over mid rangers. if they are providing update for last year mid range phones then flagship atleast deserves 3 major updates. anyway note series always launch with outdated android version and they update it in jan after 3 month of launch which is unfair.
zebishek
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
True bro, Samsung just forces their old customers to switch to new devices just to have new ui experience. it's all just business they aren't giving us fair deal. Its better to deti Apple or Google even one plus 6 is getting android 10 update which was launched before Note 8
Solution
Agnit
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i am strictly note series user. i haven't touch any phone besides note series since first note. i am also planning to go for one plus next time. samsung needs to update their policies. they will surely lose customers.

they are unfair to note series since beginning. the event goes like this.

:- s series lauch with latest android.
:- lauch of new android
:- note series with old android version
:- note (after 3 month) and s series (after a year) updated to new version. again s series lauch with new android.

note series recives first major update within 3 month whereas s series receives first major update after a year.
0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
@Agnit I'm also talking about this phone not midrange or any other series. Please read carefully what he has written.He stated that the note 8 devices which were launched after the release of Android 8 got this update out of box.So technically he was saying that the user which has gotten oreo out of the box should get the Android 10 update because they have only gotten one update i.e Android 9.So I cleared him that it will count 2 OS updates whether it was released with oreo or nougat out of box. And before replying anything please read the OP carefully.
Peace.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
yes
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
because it already has two major updates
zebishek
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@Vicky455 I know Samsung only provide two major updates for their devices I am just saying Why Note series has to suffer all the time note 8 won't getting android 10 and Note 9 will not get android 11. Samsung is very clever while launching their note series they release their note series just before the next android update so that they can update their devices to upcoming android and has to give just one more update. On the other hand S series launches near February & March and has latest android update. Like S11/20 is coming and it will have Android 10 and will have 2 major updates while note series launches in September/October when new android update is around the corner. Samsung must give atleast 3 updates for their Note series and if they do so Note users would be happy.
0 Likes